Select the style & voice for a piece

Reaction score
Hi all:

I've been using "the complete keyboard player book" to play some well known pieces at home. They come with recommended voice and style auto-acommpaniment settings, which worked great for my need. I'm just wondering for other pieces that are in fakebook or just a music sheet. Is there any rule of thumb or good article on how to select auto-accompaniment style/voice settings?

BTW, you guys found Fred yet?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
s there any rule of thumb or good article on how to select auto-accompaniment style/voice settings?

With our modern day keyboards, there are hundreds of backings we can choose as accmp.. Some work well with the selected melody and some just don't.
That's a good thing because one can apply ones own unique style. Just experiment and try various styles and voices to create your own masterpiece.
Just as long as you get the timing right such as you cant play "jumpin' jack flash" to an english waltz lol. But you could maybe convert it to a blues or latin number.
This is what makes playing keyboard exciting.
Look what this guy did to Doris Day's tune . . Lol.
This was a huge hit in Aus in the 60's.

Ask a Question