send midi files to a psrs710

Reaction score
I wanted to ask some advice of psr so I tried to register on their forum and was refused because my email was spam? Have not had this before in the half dozen forums that I belong to.(fishing,trainz,here etc etc).
OK by me.
I'll ask my question here.
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what I have to do to send midi files to a psrs710 from cakewalk.
On my technics, it was simple but here it is not and I can't follow the ref book instructions. Needless to say, I have tried many combinations on the menu guide but all I end up with is a panel name. I sure would appreciate it if someone knows how.
baz

Reaction score
Barry, I am not familiar with the 710 or Cakewalk but use other DAW's. However connections are normally more or less the same. If there is a switch on the back of the keyboard MIDI-COMP-HOST or something, you have to set it to MIDI.
If you have a connection USB-B on the PSR710 and you use a simple USB-printercable to a USB-port on your computer, it should be a Plug and Play thing. 'Found new hardware' etc.
In Cakewalk you have to adjust in setup or properties what sort of MIDI IN and MIDI OUT you use. Generally speaking it gives you the option of your computers soundcard and a USB-MIDI-DEVICE or something similar. Use the last one. That should be it,
I hope this puts you on the right 'track' so to speak.
DickR

Reaction score
PSRTUTORIAL.COM is btw by far the best forum specilal for Yamaha enthusiasts. If my advice doesn't work and you don't get another answer here, ask the guru's there, they are wondeful!

Reaction score
rejecte is right. Accused of sending spam. Wouldn't even know how to.
Dick. I'm using the midi in/out plugs on the 710. I also have a usb connection (printer style lead) which I thought had to be hooked up. Are you saying that I can send midi via this connection instead of dedicated midi leads?
The KB came with a disk that allowed me to d/l drivers for it which I did. Do you think there is a conflict?
baz

Reaction score
That's what I am saying Baz, USB-B on keyboard to USB-A on computer.
I have it myself that way amigo (with 2 keyboards) and use it every day.
Plug and play. No need for anything else or drivers. You will need the MIDI-IN-OUT on the keyboard when you want it to hook-up to another MIDI-IN-OUT of another keyboard or Midi-instrument without a computer in between.
Try it, it won't hurt.
Don't forget to set the switch at the back to MIDI.
BTW if you want to send me a PM with your emailaddres I am more than happy to send it to Joe Waters, moderator of PSRTUTORIAL for a registration.
I have never heard an address was refused as being spam.

DickR

Reaction score
Damn that's clever.and I'm a dill. I was expecting it to be difficult. It also helped d/ling the usb midi driver. I'd assumed that the first driver was it. NO. Only for the KB. Dummy!!!
How do I email you. Sorry. I'm fairly new at this.
baz

Reaction score
That's a good question....... Email-address not to give on any forum because you will get a lot of rubbish.
DON'T KNOW on this forum on others you can send a PM.,

Hello moderators how can one send a personal message to another member?
Is that at all possible?
Thanks for assistance.

The Y_man

Reaction score
That's a good question....... Email-address not to give on any forum because you will get a lot of rubbish.
DON'T KNOW on this forum on others you can send a PM.,

Hello moderators how can one send a personal message to another member?
Is that at all possible?
Thanks for assistance.
Click on the user's name - eg DickR (blue one under photo) - it brings a profile page up, and click "Start a Conversation".

The Y-man

Ask a Question