Sent Us All Home

Reaction score
Hi there and a Huge Happy New Year to all of you wonderful people! I spent yesterday and today doing exactly what I love to do.
Writing and recording music in my little home studio. So far this is all I've got but I'm really happy with it so far. No vocals yet. I'm still working on the lyrics. That and I'm shy. Well, a bit at least. So far, my lyric ideas are heading in the direction of how people are affected when their work disappears. Like the people in Oshawa Canada will be affected when the General Motors factory closes next year. It's something that I can relate to. On the last day of August last year, my work closed down. I'm okay though. I was only out of work for 2 months. Please have a listen to what I've got so far and I hope you enjoy it!
If you do, feel free to share it with anybody you like! I'm hoping to have vocals on it soon.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/sent-us-all-home

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I like it.
At 3:36 the music stops and restarts. (Twice). That broke up the rhythm adding a clever dimension. Otherwise just a tad repetitive without the stop. A tiny critisim but added vocals would indeed enhance the tune.
Cheers
Ray

Reaction score
I've been working on the lyrics but I still have a lot to do. Also, I prefer to record vocals when I'm alone in my home. My wife thinks I can actually sing. I don't won't to wreck the illusion by letting her hear how many takes it takes to get something that sounds close to decent. Otherwise she might go and get some earplugs! Then, how will I ever get fed?

Reaction score
That's a great piece, I'm looking forward to hearing it with lyrics too :) I agree about the breaks, they're very effective.

Reaction score
I've been working on the lyrics but I still have a lot to do. Also, I prefer to record vocals when I'm alone in my home. My wife thinks I can actually sing. I don't won't to wreck the illusion by letting her hear how many takes it takes to get something that sounds close to decent. Otherwise she might go and get some earplugs!

Then, how will I ever get fed
?

Radio headphones as a present for she who does the cooking.

Record yourself as a DJ putting on her favourite songs with you being all gushy and complementary then play that back to her via her headphone and she will feed you forever.

If that does not work a nice big box of chocolates

Reaction score
Please forgive me but I totally forgot that I had already put this old version up here.
"Senility is like being drunk!" Lazarus Long.

Reaction score
Hi there Jeremykeys I enjoyed this performance it would be nice to hear the singing :) Jon D.

Reaction score
All in time! I do have some lyrics but I still have a long way to go.
Thanks for listening and I'm glad you like what you hear. Feel free to have a listen to some of my other songs.

Reaction score
Well there! A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you all!
I've been busy as can be so not much music was done until, yesterday and today. More or less. It's just the way it is for this time of year.
I added some tracks and lowered the volume in some other ones, mixing as I go! Still no vocals but I'm somewhat reconsidering my song direction. I might go for a more positive thing as opposed to the original idea that I had basically calling out General Motors for closing a factory in a neighboring city that has been there for about 100 years and has put a ton of people out of work. Because labour is cheaper in other countries. Forgive me but I think it's wrong on a lot of levels.
On the other hand, songs can be about anything you want so this one may turn into a song about my favorite thing, love! Love of my wife! She's a source of inspiration and for some reason;I don't know why: my songs end up involving her. Hmmmm.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys%2Fsent-us-all-home

Ask a Question