Sent Us All Home

Reaction score
A belated Very Merry Christmas to you all! Hope you and your loved ones all had a great one. I did even though sadly some of us are no longer with us. Maybe, after you die you end up at the North Pole with Santa! It could happen! Stranger things have happened!
Anyway, I've been working on and off on a song that started over a year ago. When I first heard about the GM factory closing in the town just east of me here in Toronto, well, I was angry. Even though I don't actually know anyone working there it just all seems so very very wrong. Can you imagine? For some of these people they've had 3 generations form their families working there. Now it's gone. In the 69's there were about 50,000 jobs. Of course times do change and eventually the number was done to as far as I know, 5,000. Now it's just nearly 300. Like I said before, I'm angry. I'm also very sad for these people who lost their jobs and it's not their fault. I've had a few companies that I worked for go belly up and I know how it feels but these were very small companies. Not multi-national ones who should know better than to just move to other locations where the wages are lower. Mind you, I'm not entirely sure that this is the main reason, buit I bet it has something to do with it.
So I'm in the process of writing a song called, "They Sent Us All Home". It's far from done yet but I hoep you like what I've got so far.
BTW. I very recently bought a Steel Guitar. You get to hear it here! Yay!
https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys%2Fsent-us-all-home

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Plus GM actually implemented the layoff a week before Xmas. :p

I'm loving the tune as an instrumental Jeremy but I'm assuming you'll be adding lyrics later on.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yup, vocals are in the works. I'm just being slow writing them. This song is actually over a year old. I first strated it when I first heard about the GM plant closing. I feel sad for all the people who lost jobs because of it.

Ask a Question