Sequencer midi out no computer

Reaction score
Hello. I’m looking for a sequencer keyboard that can do the following: Input sequences through the keyboard any tempo (no programming), quantize sequences and adjust tempo, and play the sequences MIDI out to another keyboard (slave). Do these keyboards exist? Also (almost forgot) must have internal memory and be able to save sequence data. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I own an Arturia Keystep, Beatstep, and a Beatstep Pro. I think you'd be happiest with the Beatstep Pro.

They fill all of your requirements to varying degrees.

Otherwise if you have deep pockets you might want to look at the Elektron Octatrack MK2 which is pretty much the Rolls Royce of standalone sequencers today.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I own an Arturia Keystep, Beatstep, and a Beatstep Pro. I think you'd be happiest with the Beatstep Pro.

They fill all of your requirements to varying degrees.

Otherwise if you have deep pockets you might want to look at the Elektron Octatrack MK2 which is pretty much the Rolls Royce of standalone sequencers today.

Gary ;)
Thanks for the reply. The Keystep is the closest thing to what I’m looking for, but very limited (the others don’t have keyboards, which is a must). About 1990 I had an Ensoniq EPS which did everything I wanted, but never found out if the saved sequences could midi out to another keyboard, which is a must. Picture as an example programming in Fur Elise or the Peanuts theme. You need the memory for data, and a digital screen would be a must, for quantizing and adjustments of metronome data. Arpeggiators and multiple notes not essential (just candy for some, imho). Also, can be an old model of anything that fits the bill, there’s always ebay. Any ideas? Thanks again.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think the usual industry term for what you’re describing is a “workstation keyboard.” But in general there are two main categories— a “workstation arranger” and a “workstation synth”— and there might be some differences in the features and capabilities of the sequencer depending on which type you get. In particular, the sequencer on a workstation arranger may be geared more toward recording and arranging songs, whereas the sequencer on a workstation synth may be geared more toward recording arpeggios and patterns rather than complete songs— but this is not always the case, so you need to check the documentation to be sure.

Reaction score
To add to what has been said.

Take a look at a Korg Kross 2.

I have one and if you watch this tutorial video the video will show you what the Kross 2 can do.

Ask a Question