Set List

Reaction score
Have kept out of problems for a while then boom! I bought some styles on line and put them into my pa 1000, all fine, then yesterday when selecting the Set List they have disappeared and I now have duplicate of original set list. I am not sure how to remove one of the list and reinstall the bought one. I have done two shots so you can see I have moved the slider down The bottom list should show eg. Ballroom: cha cha I don't know how I have done this.
20200502_150256.jpg
20200502_150519.jpg

Reaction score
What is the format of the Styles that you bought?

(1) With you talking about Setlists I am presuming that you bought them in Songbook format ie the same as Osimo.

(2) If you created the Setlist it is a quirk of the system in so far as you have to save it, this action is very easily missed as the system appears to have created the new Setlist but it is only resident in volatile memory, it needs saving. I think that your system actually may have a corrupt database

If I am correct in my assumptions then proceed as follows

If (1)
Restore your Pa using the Backup, file then load the SaveAll file. This will put your Pa back to the state it was in before you loaded the bought Styles.

Then check if your Direct folder is still checked and operating.

Then reload the Styles from your USB memory Stick.

All should now function OK.

If (2)
Create your Setlist again and then save it.

NOTE
For readers unfamiliar with Korg’s Pa Arranger keyboards. The Pa series requires basically that two backup files are created in case of need.

The Backup file is as the name suggests a file that is used to restore the keyboard back to a fully functional state less User saved content.

The second file that an owner creates is a Save All file and this has all the User custom settings and data contained within it and this file requires loading after every run of a Backup routine and after every OS update.

It is good practice to create both these files before any changes are made to the keyboard. After changes are made it is again good practice to perform a Save All file creation routine before the keyboard is switched off.

Reaction score
Hi Col, it was named PaX Magic which I saw on the site earlier and showed ok when I put it in.. It is still in the slots but the first choice is corrupt and has all slots 1-6 filled . I will give it a try. I do appreciate your help as you say you are without your 700 Dave

Reaction score
Dave

I have looked at the website and yes they are in Set Lists so in a Songbook. If you loaded them in the you overwrote your original Songbook.

You could have merged them in with the Songbook editor. But I see they advise you to use them off a usb stick setting it to Direct access. That way you do not overwrite your original Songbook.

If you did a backup you could load your original SB back in. Then use the new set lists off a usb stick setting the access to Direct.

If you have further problems that website does offer support. They will have seen the issue before.

Keith

Reaction score
I have looked at the retailers website and have another couple of questions.

Did they load into onboard user memory?

It certainly looks like it from your images.

If they did, did they offer the option of specifying the user bank location or did they install straight to user bank 1 position 1?

Do you have a Backup file and a Save All file that you created before installing the PaX Magic file?

Reaction score
Col

The video I watched said they were set lists in a SB. So I presume they will not go to Bank 1. But will overwrite SB.

Keith

Reaction score
I did not watch the videos Keith, thanks fr the info.

If the file is placed in the Direct folder and loaded from there all should be OK after first running the Backup file and the Save All file which will remove any files from the internal storage.

In Song play mode the Style associated with the PA4X Magic Songbook will then be highlighted to show that they are stored in the Direct folder.

Reaction score
Hi C0l and Keith, I am glad you guys are here to help. I wondered if some of my problems have come about when I deleted accidentally my Direct folder end of March. I must remind that I am a novice in these areas and if Colin does not mind I will go back to the other topic ( deselect) and sort that properly first. I have saved this part to try again later.

Attachments

• 20200504_153149.jpg
    20200504_153149.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 117
Reaction score
Ooops

Deleting your Direct folder should only have removed whatever you stored in the folder.

It is good practive to create a Folder on the hard drive of your Computer and call it KORG_USB

Then copy the whole of the contents of the USB drive that you use in your Pa into the KORG_USB folder on your Computer.

This will give you a backup.

Every time you add content to your USB drive you amend the content of the KORG_USB folder.

Good luck getting sorted, you know where we are if needed

Reaction score
I do have this topic for ref. although I never did find the check box. As a sign off, I did select My Settings and tapped the screen My Settings and the styles were all there In boxes 1-9 but not in the set list. I would not have got where I am without you guys offering advice. much appreciated. Dave

Ask a Question