SF2 installation on AKX10..

S

Scott Murrell

Is it possible to directly install SF2 sounds from a USB thumb drive and not have to use the computer software?

S

Scott Murrell

Please don’t reply if you don’t own a Medeli AKX10 and only come here to ask insulting questions. I doubt many if any of us would ask for help if we didn’t want or need it. Yes, I’ve looked at the manual and the videos that were not in English.
The best way to ruin this great resource is to have people come on here who don’t own the instrument and only seem to come here to start trouble.

Reaction score
What you seem incapable of grasping is that not many have a Medeli and hence you are probably wasting not only your time but ours as well.

I spent time looking to see if I could help, then because your question is written in an ambiguous manner and I ask a question, you come and shoot me diwn.

Your attitude sucks.

Reaction score
To be a bit nuanced about this:

Thomann sells lots of Medeli products under the Thomann and Millenium brands. Their products are chronically on the list of most sold keyboard and e-drum products. Kurzweil and others also private-label Medeli.

That doesn't mean many users of Medeli original/OEM products are on here (I've encountered more active forums), and they might not know they own a Medeli product, but again, there should be lots of people in Europe using them, and realistically speaking also the AKX10, that Thomann also has a version of (AK-X1100 with less memory than the AKX10, but otherwise same).

S

Scott Murrell

Thomann sells lots of Medeli products under the Thomann and Millenium brands. Their products are chronically on the list of most sold keyboard and e-drum products. Kurzweil and others also private-label Medeli.

That doesn't mean many users of Medeli original/OEM products are on here (I've encountered more active forums), and they might not know they own a Medeli product, but again, there should be lots of people in Europe using them, and realistically speaking also the AKX10, that Thomann also has a version of (AK-X1100 with less memory than the AKX10, but otherwise same).
I think my post was directed mostly to the people who when they see an appeal for clarification instead of offering to help they post things intended to embarrass the original poster into not asking for advice. It seems like some of these people don’t even own a Medeli or I guess its compatibles.
If at some point I gain some technical expertise with my AKX10, my help will be unconditional and nonjudgmental.

Reaction score
I think my post was directed mostly to the people who when they see an appeal for clarification instead of offering to help they post things intended to embarrass the original poster into not asking for advice. It seems like some of these people don’t even own a Medeli or I guess its compatibles.
If at some point I gain some technical expertise with my AKX10, my help will be unconditional and nonjudgmental.
Yup, I understood that, and my comment was directed to Biggles that maybe didn't realize Medeli sells a lot, but often behind some other brand.

And the whole point of a Medeli forum is of course to discuss specifically Medeli products.

S

Scott Murrell

Yup, I understood that, and my comment was directed to Biggles that maybe didn't realize Medeli sells a lot, but often behind some other brand.

And the whole point of a Medeli forum is of course to discuss specifically Medeli products.
Thank you.

Reaction score

Based on the ex forum member’s experience who is still thinking of buying a Medeli AKX10?

Reaction score
I wish everyone realize that this Medeli AKX-10 forum is meant for people who has owned or currently own this keyboard. We are here to help each other (owners) share experiences about their AKX-10, not to discourage people not to buy OR encourage people to buy the AKX-10.
I bought this AKX-10 4 weeks ago, and am still very happy about it, ready to play 2-nd gig with it.
(I own a Tyros3 for 12+ years and bought a Genos 6 months ago).
That is the experience I like to share with other AKX-10 owners.

I am glad that there are some owners who actively do things to improve this AKX-10 keyboard (Timor is a great example).

Reaction score
You are mistaken ktnwin2022. The Medeli forum AND any other keyboard forum is not only for the keyboard owners, but for anyone else INQUIRING about a particular keyboard that a forum is designated for.

Reaction score
You are mistaken ktnwin2022. The Medeli forum AND any other keyboard forum is not only for the keyboard owners, but for anyone else INQUIRING about a particular keyboard that a forum is designated for.
I think you’re both right, a forum ( to me) should:
1-Address the needs in a non-hostile or judgmental manner of those who own whatever in a civil and helpful mature fashion. Simply insulting the person needing advice with, “well dumb*ss have you bothered looking in the manual?” Doesn’t do anything but hurt and probably exposes the offending party’s inability to answer the question.
2-Address the needs of the prospective buyer’s need for clarification and to possibly bolster the buyer’s ability to convince their mate of the absolute necessity for owning whatever.

Y’all, if we’re all musicians here then working together helps all of us. We can’t be here just to get attention that we couldn’t get elsewhere and to harass people into not asking questions. We’re better than that.

Reaction score
Based on the ex forum member’s experience who is still thinking of buying a Medeli AKX10?
Me. I bought it as soon as it was available. You won't find a better value anywhere. I think it is amazing. I have owned
just about every major workstation and arranger made. The feature to dollar value is off the charts.

Reaction score
Me. I bought it as soon as it was available. You won't find a better value anywhere. I think it is amazing. I have owned
just about every major workstation and arranger made. The feature to dollar value is off the charts.
Glad to hear that.

It does seem to have a lot of features compared to the competition and VFM does make it far more attractive

The only thing that bugs me about a buying a Medeli is the lack of a buying infrastructure and hence a local support system, but here in the UK there is now a distributor but the downside is they are a Box Shifting company that sell a vast range of products hence the Box Shifting tag.

Fingers cross this changes and more outlets become available especially in the traditional Music Stores.

What we really need in this forum is people who have an AKX 10 to actually write up reports and if possible include comparisons to other keyboards that one has owned.

Reaction score
I too bought mine as soon as I could find a dealer here in the states, I agree it’s amazing given its price point and features. As I’ve stated, the only reason I sent mine back was due to a problem that the dealers wasn’t sure could or would be addressed by the company. They ( the dealer) had called the company to address two other issues with other’s AKX10’s and had gotten no response. Since then I’ve learned that they have a repair facility on the west coast, I am on the east.
My experiences with arranger type keyboards range from Korg (PA4X, PA700 and PA600), Roland BK7m and Yamaha (PSR S-970 and PSR-SX900 my current keyboard). I think the AKX10 held its own with each of them. Probably none had a better vocoder!
Would I buy another AKX10? The release dates for the next upgrade continue to shift, not surprising given world situations and Covid. I’d like to see Medeli’s infrastructure get more serious in the states but I do appreciate the market conditions here for arranger type keyboards aren’t that healthy. This could change.

Reaction score
The release dates for the next upgrade continue to shift, not surprising given world situations and Covid. I’d like to see Medeli’s infrastructure get more serious in the states but I do appreciate the market conditions here for arranger type keyboards aren’t that healthy. This could change.
Update came out today...

Reaction score
I am thinking to buy one. Or the Medeli or the correspondent from Thomann. Depends of the money I have that day. And I am very curious about the insertion of soundfonts on that keyboard, because I have a collection from free sf2 of internet, about some 8 Gb of them. This is how I found this discussion.

Reaction score
I am thinking to buy one. Or the Medeli or the correspondent from Thomann. Depends of the money I have that day. And I am very curious about the insertion of soundfonts on that keyboard, because I have a collection from free sf2 of internet, about some 8 Gb of them. This is how I found this discussion.
Thomann version (Thomann AK-X1100) of Medeli AK-X10 has only 256 MB expansion memory and firmware version 01.04.09.

Reaction score
Thomann version (Thomann AK-X1100) of Medeli AK-X10 has only 256 MB expansion memory and firmware version 01.04.09.
If the difference is only that thing of memory, for me it's ok. Here at Portugal the prices are 780 euros and 575. I will choose the cheapest.

Ask a Question