SF2S!

Reaction score
SF2’s, a great alternative to the onboard sounds! I’ve loaded in a Melotron and some really cool sounds!
All of the sf2’s needed effects and a few tweaks but they were free and easy to load in.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, new to the Medeli AKX10 and new to keyboards altogether.

I recently got hold of a Medeli AKX10 and while I'm still learning to play, I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
In addition, I have a few of my own - specifically regarding SF2 files.

I was looking for a better piano sound and so decided to try some SF2 voices, however I'm facing a few issues:

1. Some SF2s fail to import in the Medeli Grand Suite software at all - for example the Salamander C5 SF2s that are available online.
2. I found a different set of a sampled Yamaha C5 that imports, however some of the samples are parsed wrong - for example, the higher dynamics from around A5 and above are completely wrong, and the whole octave from C6 onwards is completely off (the samples are several octaves lower). This is seen both on the software as well as on the keyboard itself.
I have a similar issue with a Yamaha P120 SF2, but here there are mismatched samples for basically all keys.

Since these appear to be quite popular files, I'm pretty sure that it something to do with the Medeli software rather than the files themselves, but was just wondering if anyone had the same issue.
I can provide links to the files I'm using in case anyone is interested.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, new to the Medeli AKX10 and new to keyboards altogether.

I recently got hold of a Medeli AKX10 and while I'm still learning to play, I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
In addition, I have a few of my own - specifically regarding SF2 files.

I was looking for a better piano sound and so decided to try some SF2 voices, however I'm facing a few issues:

1. Some SF2s fail to import in the Medeli Grand Suite software at all - for example the Salamander C5 SF2s that are available online.
2. I found a different set of a sampled Yamaha C5 that imports, however some of the samples are parsed wrong - for example, the higher dynamics from around A5 and above are completely wrong, and the whole octave from C6 onwards is completely off (the samples are several octaves lower). This is seen both on the software as well as on the keyboard itself.
I have a similar issue with a Yamaha P120 SF2, but here there are mismatched samples for basically all keys.

Since these appear to be quite popular files, I'm pretty sure that it something to do with the Medeli software rather than the files themselves, but was just wondering if anyone had the same issue.
I can provide links to the files I'm using in case anyone is interested.
I’ve noticed that some SF2’s are designed for iOS use, I don’t understand the difference but they don’t seem to load for me. The Salamander pianos loaded easily in my Korg PA4X but not on the AKX10. I do not like the Grand Suite software! It’s worth every penny I paid for it! Yes, that’s sarcasm…

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that some SF2’s are designed for iOS use, I don’t understand the difference but they don’t seem to load for me. The Salamander pianos loaded easily in my Korg PA4X but not on the AKX10. I do not like the Grand Suite software! It’s worth every penny I paid for it! Yes, that’s sarcasm…
Thanks for the feedback.

I suppose they still have some way to go, especially on the software side. Feature-wise I think it's quite capable, but it's far from intuitive.

Would you be able to suggest a good piano SF2 that you managed to make work with the AKX10?

Reaction score
I managed to make some progress with the Salamander SF2 file.

It appears that it's probably too complex for the Grand Suite Software to load directly, so I had to find a workaround.

This involved loading the SFZ version of the file in Awave studio, exporting the different layers in several SF2 files, importing those in Grand Suite and rebuilding the full instrument there. With a lot of tests and quite often crashes, I now have a loadable version of the file, with the 16 velocity layers, the harmonics and the key release sounds.

I have to do some further tweaking as the volume is currently very quiet, however the sound at least loads ob the keyboard.

I will share my progress later on once I am able to tweak it further.

Reaction score
I managed to make some progress with the Salamander SF2 file.

It appears that it's probably too complex for the Grand Suite Software to load directly, so I had to find a workaround.

This involved loading the SFZ version of the file in Awave studio, exporting the different layers in several SF2 files, importing those in Grand Suite and rebuilding the full instrument there. With a lot of tests and quite often crashes, I now have a loadable version of the file, with the 16 velocity layers, the harmonics and the key release sounds.

I have to do some further tweaking as the volume is currently very quiet, however the sound at least loads ob the keyboard.

I will share my progress later on once I am able to tweak it further.
Thank you for your work.

Reaction score
SF2’s, a great alternative to the onboard sounds! I’ve loaded in a Melotron and some really cool sounds!
All of the sf2’s needed effects and a few tweaks but they were free and easy to load in.
I made my own expansion including Hammond free Sf2 and the result is incredible.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

I suppose they still have some way to go, especially on the software side. Feature-wise I think it's quite capable, but it's far from intuitive.

Would you be able to suggest a good piano SF2 that you managed to make work with the AKX10?
I recommend to check always the size of the sf2, because some of them, especialy the piano sounds are very heavy. They may full yor expansion sooner than you want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Su_uh Innocent Nelson

Latest Threads