Sheet music for Foreplay / Long Time

Reaction score
many years ago I learned this song for a band (pre-internet). I recorded the LP (you remember those don't you?) to cassette tape; broke the song into pieces and learned it with one hand on the keyboard and another hand on the rewind/play button of the cassette deck. I also did the same thing for "pick up the pieces" when I had to learn the sax solo. The music sheet would have made things a whole lot easier.

Reaction score
Thanks for that post Dave - brought back memories of doing exactly the same thing in my (much) younger days. I remember transcribing "Khe Sanh" (by Cold Chisel, Aussie band) note for note on a darn piece of manuscript paper after playing/rewinding a cassette I'd taped off the radio, for a band I was in at the time.

The internet has made life so much easier!

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I like to just learn these songs by ear but with such a nice organ intro I want to see the transcription to make sure I'm playing it right. It'll sure be a fun day when I'm able to start the shows with this intro

Ask a Question