Sheet music playback

Reaction score
I have sheet musicBeg.steel or borrow. but when I try to play it in Print Music it does not seem to recognise the file, Any ideas please the music will change say key of Eb to F but wont play.

Reaction score
Well, there's this -

I've been really happy with the software from NCH Software. They have a similar program that you can try free -

Ya, I've paid for 2 titles from NCH that I use regularly and never had an issue, plus they send me updates on a regular basis, so they support their stuff.

Hope that helps - Jim

Reaction score
In case you should look for other software:

Have a look at Myriad (from France). Their title PDFtoMusic comes in two editions. Last time I calculated (some 15 years ago), buying the standard edition plus their flagship notator/sequencer Harmony Assistant would be cheaper than buying PDFtoMusic Pro only. All(?) of their software is available for macOS, Windows and Linux. All products are one-time purchases, but their definition of "product" may be more limited than yours. And be prepared for a steep learning curve.

Me, I have had most of their titles for some 15..20 years (Windows, macOS and Linux shorter), but I haven't really used them. (I had been away from music for most of that time.)

Ask a Question