Should buy a Casio LK-280 or AT-5?

Reaction score
Hello!

I've played old electric organ for four months. Now I am buying a keyboard because my organ has no sustain pedal or touch sensitivity. But I dont know should I buy Casio LK-280 or AT-5. Biggest deciding factor for me is quality of the piano sound. I dont need any of the oriental sounds of AT-5, going to play just popular music. I'm just considering it because it has 76 keys and LK-280 has only 61. Also AT-5 has LCD backlight.

Thanks a lot if you can help me!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Get the AT-5. Lighted keys are just a gimmick that really teach you nothing about music.

Reaction score
Get the AT-5. Lighted keys are just a gimmick that really teach you nothing about music.
Thanks a lot for your opinion! :) I have watched videos on YouTube and in my opinion, the piano sound of AT-5 even sounds slightly better than piano sound of LK-280.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Glad I could help. 76 keys tends to be a sweet spot for performance keyboards allowing you to play all but the most complicated piano pieces.

If you seriously wish to learn piano though, you really should take a look at Casio's digital piano line like the CDP or PX series. Those will allow you to learn with a proper weighted hammer action 88 keyboard that is ideal for someone learning the piano.

Take a look at the CDP-220R. Someone else in the forum mentioned it and it looks like a beautiful instrument for the money.

Ask a Question