simplest midi controller with exp pedal input?

Reaction score
Hi, Im looking for a compact, portable midi controller with the least I need to play live, my ideal controller would be something like alesis v61:
-61 keys
-4 knobs
-1 slider
-slime, small, good looking and NOT full of buttons, sliders, pads, huge screen, rubish...
But It doesnt have exp pedal :(

You know any 61k midi controller with exp pedal thats not an expensive huge gear full of buttons and stuff? If possible just the features mentioned before.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been using an Oxygen 61 in a live situation as a second keyboard for three seasons now and it still hasn't given me any problems.

Reaction score
I've been using an Oxygen 61 in a live situation as a second keyboard for three seasons now and it still hasn't given me any problems.
It seems like a good controller, it doesnt have exp pedal though, wich is what Im asking for...

Reaction score
I have no idea what the Alesis V6 is like but if the only thing it is missing is an expression pedal input then buy a MIDI footswitch controller and send expression via MIDI.

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm

Ive come up with these things in previous google searches, the only problem is you need midi in, wich alesis v61, as well as my current midi controller, doesnt have. The only link between the controller and the netbook is via usb.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I currently own an Alesis QX49 which while it doesn't have a CC pedal input it does have MIDI IN and OUT as well as an optional Power In socket for an external adapter for running without a USB connection as well as a Sustain Switch Pedal Input..

While I think it's been discontinued it seems you can still pick up a QX61 from Amazon these days for not too much money.

https://www.amazon.com/Alesis-QX61-Advanced-keyboard-Controller/dp/B006Z6VIZO

While it has a few sliders and knobs it's not ridiculously over complicated to use.

I'm very happy with mine as it has a very nice feel and it's way more responsive than an old POS Oxygen 49 which it replaced last year.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it, you don't need a MIDI controller with MIDI ports at all to attach a MIDI EXP Controller in the first place.

You just need MIDI ports on the module or VST you are driving with it.

Routing it thru the Controller would be quite futile.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question