SK-1 and Hammond Midi Bass Pedal Xpk-100

Reaction score
Anyone mate the Xpk-100 midi bass pedal to their SK-1 yet?

What was the proceedure to get them to mate.

Thanks - Jay

Reaction score
Midi out the bass pedals to the midi in on Sk. Set the pedals to transmit on midi channel 3. Set drawbars to control 'pedal' rather than upper or lower manual. Pedals probably only respond to the 16 and the 8 drawbars. Pull both out to 8 to start then adjust to taste once working. Should work. Page 8 of the owners manual will tell you how to set the pedals to transmit on channel 3. It's in the 'advanced features' section.
I'm assuming that the sk is set to transmit on channels 1,2 and 3 (the default midi channels the SK is set to). If the defaults on the SK have been changed then the pedals need to beset to whatever the sk midi channel new defaults are to work correctly. Page 114 of the sk manual shows you how to set the defaulting midi channels for upper, lower and pedals.

The XPK manual can be downloaded from here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...lHlmptimlje6Sg7ZQ&sig2=8PirUPlKo-StCMGsgXps3w

The sk manual can be downloaded from here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...3QZfjd4dVeLq5S5Mw&sig2=4g7xb4b6Nmi5CGyPdUPdvQ

Last edited:
Reaction score
Delaware Dave, Right ON! Worked first time. Some more details for others.

Indeed midi hl 3 must be set for the midi out of the pedals.
On SK1 go to Edit "drawbars" and unmute them, and it is true the 16' and 8' are the only ones that work once you select pedal button.
You also can assign the bass pedals to separately work for EXTRa Voices too at a different setting, normal, muted, Synth 1, and Synth 2, whatever you like.
I chose a kind of string bass, which you can do by setting the decay parameter and sustain parameters, etc. to your liking. So you can have the pedals work for the Organ manual on one set of parameters and another set of parameters for the EXRA Voices. You also can set it up or down in octaves. But 1 octave down they don't sound good the 16' is now a 32' which you would think is cool, but even with a QSC sub woofer it is not good. Did not try the Pipe Organ sound.

Once you set the channel on the bass pedals, you need to save them to a preset i.e. P01 which I did. And it remains ready to go. Lock the pedals using the Lock switch and your done.

Many thanks Del Dave.....I was going to sell these pedals with my XK-3 I replaced but not anymore. The SK-1 gives them new life.
Hope that helps the group.

Reaction score
"..But 1 octave down they don't sound good the 16' is now a 32' which you would think is cool, but even with a QSC sub woofer it is not good.."

The lowest tone a hammond tonewheel organ produces is ~32Hz, sited here: http://theatreorgans.com/grounds/docs/history.html

and the SK series attempts to reproduce those tones in its architecture. I would think trying to move down 1 more octave is probably below most subwoofer's capabilities and even from hearing those low tones as the human ear can only hear down to 20Hz. The QSC KW181 (as an example) has a frequency response that goes down to the mid-30Hz range. Forcing the range down further than that is moving the tone out of the reproducability range of most sub-woofers.

Ask a Question