Sliding or rolling stand under 27 6/8 desk

Reaction score
My CP88 is about 5” give or take an 1/8th” high to the tallest knob. My desk has 27 6/8” clearance. That leaves me about 22 4/8” starting point for a stand that can slide (perhaps on felt) or roll on casters.

Anyone have ideas on a stand that can hold an 88k hammer action slab with a lowest starting height around 22.5” so I can fit it under my desk?

Reaction score
Won't your keyboard be really low under the desktop? Won't your knees hit it? I assume you have limited space and would like to store your keyboard under your desk.

Reaction score

Right. The Liquid Stands, Plixio, and the Pyle all seem to be the same product ordered by whichever vendor from a common factory in China. I think this one goes as low as 22" without the wheels. It may be the way to go. That RockJam Z is a slightly different design, and it looks like it may go lower. I'll investigate. Thanks!

Reaction score
Won't your keyboard be really low under the desktop? Won't your knees hit it? I assume you have limited space and would like to store your keyboard under your desk.
Good question. What I'd like to be able to do is use the desk as a desk when I'm working on Sibelius or editing/mixing in the DAW. But have the keyboard right in front of the desk when I'm playing/sequencing. Of course they sell desks for this purpose, but they are expensive. The top of my leg is 21.5" from the floor. So a 22" desk would work. My acoustic is 22" from the floor as well (with no casters, 24" with).

Example:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ProRak88B--rab-audio-prorak-88-black
$1499

Reaction score
Here's how I dealt with that same issue: Detachable brackets mounted to the underside of my desk.

20220121_101218_HDR.jpg

Reaction score
Oh my, your controller is a beast. I think mine is less that 7 lbs so I don't think this idea would work for you unless it was beefed up.

I crafted the brackets from 1"x 2" pine and are screwed to the partical board top with one screw each. I used threaded inserts in the partical board and 1/4" thumb screws for easy removal.

Ask a Question