Smartmedia cards for Triton Le?

Reaction score
Hello all :)

Have a Triton Le 61 cheers John :)

and have expanded the wee beast with the Sampling upgrade.

Can anyone provide information or linkage to anyone who sells the correct type of Smartmedia card for the Le? I realise it's old technology just hoping they can still be grabbed from somewhere.

I found these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SmartMedia-Cards-Memory-Readers/b?ie=UTF8&node=564502

But am not sure which (if any) are correct. Thanks for any and all help guys :)

Reaction score
cheers mate :)

Downer you can't save anything internally but new to this side of things hence why I havn't got a clue.

16mb of ram came with the sampler. So for example if I create a sample that lasts the maximum sampling time I am using the full 16 mb's correct?

Im grabbing a couple of smartmedia (128mb each) to start off with. Would I be better getting something that connects to the scsi to save my stuff that way and if so can anyone help me with what to get? What particular device etc?

I'm also interested in using my computer for storage. Is there anyway of connecting the Triton to my computer (SCSI - USB) for example?

Im ok with the midi dump stuff and have managed to sort that out no problems.

Thanks again for any and all help.

Reaction score
16mb of ram came with the sampler. So for example if I create a sample that lasts the maximum sampling time I am using the full 16 mb's correct?

Yes. Keep in mind that 16 MB takes a *long* time to load (my Korg TR, a step up from the LE, would be sitting around for 5 minutes or more, depending on the format and number of individual samples, to load a 10 MB program).

Im grabbing a couple of smartmedia (128mb each) to start off with. Would I be better getting something that connects to the scsi to save my stuff that way and if so can anyone help me with what to get? What particular device etc?

You'd probably have a hard time finding any compatible device. I'd just stick with the cards. They'll also work for backing up your programs and combis as well.

I'm also interested in using my computer for storage. Is there anyway of connecting the Triton to my computer (SCSI - USB) for example?

I'd get a card reader that handles SmartMedia cards, and use that. SCSI is archaic; don't use it unless you have no other choice.

Reaction score

No. SCSI is a very old standard and the way it handles multiple devices means that you need special hardware to use it. Stick with SM cards, even if they're hard to find.

Ask a Question