so confused..

Reaction score
aagh.. so tempted to just stick with piano!

Thanks for those who helped with my recent post. Followup: So, I now have the iPad set up with korg gadget (full version), igrand piano. I got the controller but am awaiting the adapter.

I'm using N-track app as my ios DAW and trying to wrap my head around how to use patches from gadget as well as igrand. Basically, I want to use n-track to sequence, but want to use my own sounds from other apps of my choosing.

I got n-track to pick up igrand (I set igrand to midi 2, told n-track to use midi 2 for new instrument and seems to work ok). But- I cannot get it to work for gadget. No matter how I tell gadget to give a specific track (gadget) a midi channel, it doesn't come through to n track.

If anyone knows about these apps or how to interface this stuff would you mind walking me though how to get them to talk and do what I'm trying to do? I am pretty confused...

Thanks so much

brad

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think I must have n-Track installed on my Windows computer, because I get regular emails from them.

I'm installing the free version of n-Track on my iPads now, as well as the free versions of Korg Gadget and iGrand Piano. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll let you know.

Are you using the Pro version of n-Track, or the free version? I don't know if that makes a difference, but am asking just in case.

Reaction score
I gave up.. I started to get it but there was so much lag on my ipad mini it couldn't handle more than 1 track at a time.. thanks for getting back though.. I'm switching gears and if I have to put money into a new laptop or ipad just to have a DAW I might as well spend more upfront on the keyboard and have an onboard sequencer ..

Reaction score
Let us see if we can help with the confusion.

Please watch both of the videos in the links below, they relate to the keyboards that I have and show how the Recording works with both keyboards.

These hopefully will show you what you can expect with onboard Recording and Sequencing in two keyboards each targeted at different user types.
I am not suggesting that either is the one for you just trying to offer a small light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Other manufacturers keyboards have similar functions but of mine the PA700 is better for recording and editing full songs whereas the Kross 2 excels at recording up to a 12s Sequence.

Reaction score
thanks for that-- that is helpful. I think Kross 2 is more like how I sequenced on my M1..

Though, it's kind of confusing with all the arps and automatic drum stuff-- I'm a bit of a purist and just want to lay down my own tracks without all the fancy combos arpeggios etc-- maybe I just get another M1! I think I'll need to just mess with it and figure it out, hard to get a sense from videos (at least for me).

Thanks for the assist

brad

tjw

Reaction score
Many moon have passed....

I bought a package deal of Cakewalk 1 and a Roland MIDI plug-in card for IBM PC (and had one from Radio Shack which ran at 2.7 Megahertz. (That's right, not Gigahertz)) and had 128 kiloBytes (that's right, not Megabytes) of memory. I still don't use arpeggiation or automatic drums or loops. I put it in by keyboard and/or staff notation (that's right, there was no staff notation in Cakewalk then) - it's how I learned, it's how I stayed for 30 years now.

I see no reason I would want to change from this. I've watched a lot of videos, it's interesting stuff but I don't devote any serious time to it.
I just go back to my Cakewalk (I downloaded BandLab couple months ago, never upgraded from SONAR X1. I like the combo of live playing and sequenced playing. I'll probably just stay there.

Jump in. It's the only way, and maybe another M1 is quite the ticket. Enjoy.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I can’t get Korg Gadget to show up at all in n-Track, whereas Korg Module and my other soft synth apps (including iGrand Piano) show up with no problem. I know you already gave up on this, but I was just trying to figure out why Korg Gadget isn’t visible like everything else is.

Reaction score
Have you actually looked at the Korg website and read/watched the videos about Gadget, how it works and what it is intended for?

If not then can I suggest that you have a look at the content:-

I think you are trying to use a DAW inside another DAW.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
That was my thought as well, although I wasn’t sure whether it should be showing up. For example, Cubasis is a DAW, too, but it’s showing up as an “external instrument” inside n-Track. So there’s something different about Gadget— for instance, no ReWire capability?

Ask a Question