Soft touches making music but not sending midi ( I think)

Reaction score
I've got a Roland Juno and I like it but I have one issue, I don't know if it's the kb or my pc. The issue is when I'm playing softly
sometimes the pc software doesn't recognize that I have played a note, even though I can hear it thru my amp. I have tried setting the touch to it's lightest setting. I guess I could set velocity to 127 but that would take all touch out of it and I want to retain that.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Your PC software shouldn't have a problem recognizing a note with velocity 1 as well as velocity 128. How do you know it's not recognizing the note? If you can't hear the note, the issue may be that the sound you've selected is too soft.

Reaction score
Your PC software shouldn't have a problem recognizing a note with velocity 1 as well as velocity 128. How do you know it's not recognizing the note? If you can't hear the note, the issue may be that the sound you've selected is too soft.
I CAN hear the note, but it doesn't show in my software. It's as though the pc doesn't think I hit a key. The fact that I can hear it but it doesn't show in the software is the problem.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
MIDI software such as DAWs often have settings to let you filter out specific MIDI events based on a variety of criteria, such as the channel, type of message, Note value, Note velocity, etc. It might be that there's a setting which is telling the program to ignore any Note events whose velocities are below a certain threshold.

Ask a Question