Software and interfacing to Casio PX-300?

Reaction score
As an ardent sequencer in the Yamaha world, I sometimes get requests for help that I have no specific knowledge with which to respond responsibly, but sometimes a request deserves some research on my part. Such is the case today which is why I'm on this forum!

A fellow Vietnam War era vet, living 100 miles from Bangkok, Thailand has a Casio PX-300 digital piano. The specs say it has MIDI In/Out/Thru, but I've not been able to figure out if a MIDI-to-USB with whatever Windows driver that's bundled with the cable will produce a bi-directional communication.

Also, he can read music and my thought is to suggest Anvil Studio on his Windows computer. He may never need more than that and he will likely have a steep learning curve since he isn't very computer literate at age 76!

Feel free to speak-geek to me and I'll translate for him!

TIA
Dave Nuttall
San Antonio, TX

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Anvil studio and the USB to MIDI interface should work fine for your friend. As long as the keyboard has MIDI IN and OUT no problems with bidirectional communications. And Anvil Studio is an excellent place for him to start learning about sequencers. It costs him nothing to try it anyway.

If he's more comfortable working with notation however, he might want to try Notation Musician or Notation Composer. Very simplified sequencers with a WYSIWYG interface.

http://www.notation.com/

Gary

Ask a Question