Software to create patterns for wk-7500

Reaction score
Do you know an available software for PC to create rhythms for wk-7500, instead doing it with the keyboard itself. With this method is easy to control mistakes, watching the scores.
Many thanks

Reaction score
It seems it doesn't work for Casio, in any case I've already a style converter Yamaha/Casio, ideed the program doesn't show the score

Reaction score
It seems it doesn't work for Casio, in any case I've already a style converter Yamaha/Casio, ideed the program doesn't show the score

Dear Stogoff

You are saying that you have a style converter Yamaha styles to Casio?
I do have WK 7500.
If it works for this model can you send me a link, or the file itself ob (e-mail address removed)?

THNX

Mayo

Reaction score
Reaction score
Dear Stogoff
I've tried this thing stytockf but id doesn't seem to work.
It always says "divide by zero".
Though, even if it worked, I do not know how to convert CKF into AC.7 rhytm ( it least these are the extensions on my Casio WK 7500)

BR

Reaction score
You have to download the CKF file from a PC to the WK-7500's User Memory using the Data Manager software. During the download process, the Data Manager software converts the CKF file to an AC7 file. Then you can upload it back to the PC as an AC7 file as a backup or to send it to someone else.

You can do this in bulk, but it is best not to try to do more than 10 or 15 files at a time or the WK-7500 has a hard time keeping up with the PC and will miss some of the files.

You CAN NOT load the CKF files onto an SD card and plug it into the WK-7500. The WK-7500 itself can not read a CKF file. It is the Data Manager software on the PC that does the conversion during the download process.

You can use this process to load rhythm files from older WK's (3000, 3300. 3700, 3800) into the WK-7500. Most of them work just fine, even the voices. I have all of my favorite rhythms from my WK-3800 and the old Casio-Europe site loaded into my WK-7500.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've imported .ckf files directly from SD card with no problems, the wk 7500 can import .ckf files as said in the manual

Reaction score
Stogoff

YOU ARE CORRECT ! I have no idea where I got the notion you had to download CKF files to the 7500 to get them to load, but I have been doing that since the day I got it. I have an SD card with 270 CKF's that I got from various places for my WK-3800. I just stuck it into the 7500 and it sees all 270 of them. I even tried loading several of them into User memory just to be sure, and that worked fine as well. The only thing I can think is that I was not pushing the USER RHYTHMS button before going into LOAD/SAVE. It seems like a lot of new users had problems with that part of the manual, especially loading and saving song files. BUT . . . that brings us to the question of why does Mayo think he needs a CKF to AC7 converter ? The 7500 will do that for him. I wonder if he is doing whatever I was doing to keep his 7500 from reading CKF files from the SD card. Anyway - many thanks ! You just made my life with the 7500 a lot simpler. I still think I would prefer downloading for large numbers of files, since you can do it in bulk, but at least now I don't have to fire up the PC every time I want to load a new rhythm or two.

BUT . . . NOW . . .

Back to the original question - The older WK models (3000, 3300, 3500, 3700, 3800) came with a CD-ROM that contained, among drivers, IDES program, and other things, a "Rhythm Converter" program which would convert a Standard MIDI File (SMF) pattern, which had been created according to certain parameters, into a CKF rhythm file. This was a Casio program for Casio keyboards. If you could come up with a copy of that, you could create your patterns in your favorite DAW, save them to SMF, and convert them to CKF.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mayo

There were several versions of the IDES program, each one written for a very narrow range or a specific model of CTK/WK keyboard. When the program started, it checked the USB connection for the ID of its supported keyboard(s). If it did not see that ID, it would tell you there was no connection whenever you tried anything that required communication with the keyboard. Right now, I have IDES-4 for the WK-3800 running, but I have the WK-7500 connected, and IDES-4 will NOT communicate with it. If I start Data Manager, it connects with the WK-7500 just fine, so I know my physical connection is working. If you are talking about the Rhythm Converter module of IDES, then that runs as a stand-alone program and does not require a keyboard to be connected.

Reaction score
Mayo

There were several versions of the IDES program, each one written for a very narrow range or a specific model of CTK/WK keyboard. When the program started, it checked the USB connection for the ID of its supported keyboard(s). If it did not see that ID, it would tell you there was no connection whenever you tried anything that required communication with the keyboard. Right now, I have IDES-4 for the WK-3800 running, but I have the WK-7500 connected, and IDES-4 will NOT communicate with it. If I start Data Manager, it connects with the WK-7500 just fine, so I know my physical connection is working. If you are talking about the Rhythm Converter module of IDES, then that runs as a stand-alone program and does not require a keyboard to be connected.
I am having the same issue with my 7500. It will connect to the Data Manager and I can send and receive any on the individual settings. But when I try to make a backup, it says "no connection". Do you have a work around for this issue for me?
Thanks

Ask a Question