Software to learn?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a beginer in music software and I am starting to do some music in my PC so I am planing in buying a MIDI/USB kb, but I would like to learn a bit of how to play it.

So I am wondering that once all of todays kb already brings USB and/or MIDI, is there any software that would help me to learn the technical parts (I already play guitar so the theory, here it overlaps, wouldnt be as needed).

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
What are you asking to learn? Playing a keyboard? If so, there are plenty of good books that'll be way more useful than any software, if there even is software worth considering.

Using a DAW and virtual instruments? There are probably good tutorials online, plus you'd want one specific to the DAW you're using. Really, using a DAW to record MIDI, send the MIDI through virtual instruments, and then ultimately produce a song out of it isn't that hard. What is hard is having an ear for it, knowing how to use your particular instruments (good with synths?), and knowing which effects to use and when so that you get a clean, crisp mix.

In short, there's a lot of stuff online that'll help you get on your way; that'd be the best place to look, not for other software.

Reaction score
What are you asking to learn? Playing a keyboard? If so, there are plenty of good books that'll be way more useful than any software, if there even is software worth considering.

Well I am looking more for something with scores, meybe play alongside midi (eg with other tracks and rhythm), in a a progressive way from easier to harder to play (As I said, a good deal of the theory I probably already know anyway).

Something that will give me the technical insight of how to play, would be nice too.

Thanks.

Ask a Question