Some advice about workstations...

Reaction score
Hi all.
Im from portugal, and Im here to asking u guys ur sincere opinion about what keyboard to buy.
I play piano for 18 years now, and bought some years ago the a Korg Triton series. Bought it when it got out on the market, and at the time it was, and still is, a good workstation.
But Im lookin to buy a more recent one. One with more advanced sound quality to work with.
Im lookin for a workstation with good strings, piano, E-pianos, sax, trumpets (brass sections) and guitar sounds...
I live in azores and for me is really dificult to try out the recent models that comes out on the market cause here we dont have access to many music stores. And the ones that we have, generally dont have these newer models nor many for we to try out.
So for me to find out witch model to buy, i generatly have to search trough the net and lisnen the souds on youtube or in similar sites...
One really good workstation that i found, and am interested in is the korg pa2x pro.
Loved the sound quallity and the variations that we can do with it, but on the videos that i watched, only managed to listen to the guitar, flutes, pianos, witch i really liked btw.
Unfortunatly didnt managed to listen the also important brass sections, trompets, sax, and the related instruments.
Also found some reviews about the OASYS and the Roland Phantom series...

So, im writing down to ask you oppinion on witch workstation to buy based on the sound quallity produced buy the keyboard.

Reaction score
PA2x is not a workstation - it's an arranger. If you need styles to play along with,
and don't want sound customisation (lik on the Triton) - then go ahaid.

If you want a new Triton, then you don't want an arranger.

OASYS costs a fortune and it's basically a studio, not a mere keyboard.

If you're satisfied with your triton - i'd strongly recommend the new M3 XPanded.
Costs less then the Motif or the Fantom, and offers great sounds and Karma
if you ever feel like jamming along some beats.

Reaction score
PA2x is not a workstation - it's an arranger. If you need styles to play along with,
and don't want sound customisation (like on the Triton) - then go ahaid.

If you want a new Triton, then you don't want an arranger.

OASYS costs a fortune and it's basically a studio, not a mere keyboard.

If you're satisfied with your triton - i'd strongly recommend the new M3 XPanded.
Costs less then the Motif or the Fantom, and offers great sounds and Karma
if you ever feel like jamming along some beats.

Reaction score
many tnx for the reply and the enlightment about the pa2x. Really tought ir was a workstatiin. Ill check theese keyboards that you refeared. Tnx for the help

Ask a Question