Some advice on buying a keyboard for my 10 year old please.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've read the sticky post at the top of this forum about buying a keyboard and I've decided I need a stage / home piano. It'll be for my 10 year old daughter, who currently uses an upright piano that used to belong to my nan.

She's taking her grade 1 soon and current piano is just too old and needs tuning a lot so she's asked for a new piano for Christmas.

After reading the sticky, I was talking to a friend of mine who bought a keyboard from a German company called Thomann and he really recommended them based on price and service.

Their list of digital pianos is here, they also do digital pianos with arrangers, but what's an arranger and do I need it?

The main question I have is what do you all think of the cheapest of their digital pianos, the Thomann DP-30 RW/C?

My daughter is showing real promise so I'd like to get her something decent but without breaking the bank. If I need to go a model or two up then maybe I'll stretch to that but only if somebody who knows what they're talking about says so!

Looking forwards to any help you guys can offer me.

Nick.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Their list of digital pianos is here, they also do digital pianos with arrangers, but what's an arranger and do I need it?

If she's playing piano, she doesn't need an arranger - although it can be fun to have.

Arrangers give you all the backing and drums to go with your playing.

The Y-man

Reaction score
If she's playing piano, she doesn't need an arranger - although it can be fun to have.

Arrangers give you all the backing and drums to go with your playing.

The Y-man
Ah, cool - so I've learned something already - thanks!

Ask a Question