Some improvement for VAST

Reaction score
Hello!

After a few days of playing with my new Forte, I came out with very minor but, in my opinion, necessary improvement in VAST system. Kurzweil should add to the layer option also OneShot Sample and OneShot Sample Key next to the Keymap. Now it is too complicated to create simple one sample layers, it multiplies objects and creates a lot of confusion for people coming from newer gear. Also, splitting the sample into separate channels is very annoying.

OneShot Sample - takes one sample and spreads all over the keys with selectable root key.
OneShot Sample Key - takes one sample and puts on one key only (also being the root key).

Small improvement - BIG change for 'modern musicians'. Forte has SO HUGE potential but a lot of people sees it as just a stage piano with overcomplicated system.

What do you think?

alexm

Reaction score
i think you should be sending this to Kurzweil development and asking them what they think. Even if this forum were to unanimously agree with you we have no influence over the Kurzweil development team.

Ask a Question