Some little tricks . .

Reaction score
I just found this vid by chance. Many people do have this particular model but some ideas would also apply to many other models . . I am sure.
Just sharing it. . Enjoy.
Ray
Anybody know the name of the lamp at 00:43?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Amazon has a wide assortment of USB Powered Lamps to choose from.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+powered+lamp&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

However I would be wary of overtaxing the USB power supply of the keyboard and burning it out.

In general those USB ports are generally only designed to power a thumb drive or a wireless dongle. Not a steady max drain of 1 amp.

Leaving a lamp lugged in for an extended period of time could seriously burn out the internal USB port on your keyboard.

Personally I have a couple of these stuck to the underside of the top tier of my main stand and the batteries pretty much run forever for the amount I need them.

https://www.amazon.com/IPOW-Battery-powered-Wireless-Cabinets-Counters/dp/B00KD3BRIS

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Leaving a lamp lugged in for an extended period of time could seriously burn out the internal USB port on your keyboard.
What excellent advice! We humble music lovers have no idea of internal burn outs. :eek:
Your electronics knowhow Gary is an asset to this community. Very much appreciated indeed.
I have a light shining down on my keys and sheet music. Its one of those bendable ones. It has one of those curly globes shooting out 20 watts but very bright.
I plug it in externally to a 240 power socket.
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm happy to share my tech knowledge and experience anytime I can on these forums.

There's a lot of people out there who never consider the consequences when they handle their electronics the wrong way and if I can stop a catastrophe before it happens I'm happy to do so.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that Yamaha included a warning about overdriving the USB port somewhere in the first few or last few pages of the manual but the guy who posted that video just skimmed past it :p

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
From Page 70 of the user manual...

 Compatible USB devices
• USB flash drive
Other USB devices such as a USB hub, computer key-
board or mouse cannot be used.
The instrument does not necessarily support all com-
mercially available USB devices. Yamaha cannot guar-
antee operation of USB devices that you purchase.
Before purchasing a USB device for use with this instru-
ment, please visit the following web page:
https://download.yamaha.com/

It's standard boilerplate to cover their asses but it means if you blow out the usb port on your keyboard the warranty won't cover it.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question