Some Nord keyboard to replace Yamaha Motif XS8

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a Yamaha Motif XS8 synth for five years, minor scratches, technicaly 100% working + custom made hard case.
Last 3 years I am on college and almost dont play on it, because it is too big, hard to move etc, so i purchased MOX6 for dormitory use and gigs.
I come to decision that I want to change it for some other keyboard because:
1) It has too many functions i will never use, or if i want to i would use computer for them (like sequencing sound editation etc
2) It is way too big
3) MOX6 has same sounds so i dont need to have another Yamaha keyboard
4) I like the sound of Nord keyboards

What i want to ask you is, what Nord keyboard would you recommend me. I dont have any money so it should have aprox. same value and quality so I can trade it directly for it with someone.
It should have hammer mechanic and at least 70+ keys.
I am not the type of keyboardist that needs to make own sounds and edit a lot. I like to chose some preset and play. So i dont need a lot of functions but mostly good sounds, user friendliness and keyboard that feels good to your hands.
Do nord keyboards also have some sounds like strings, acoustic quitar etc? Or do they have only piano,e piano, hammond and synth sounds?
I play mostly jazz, fusion etc so i wont probably need them but it would be nice if they had them.

Ask a Question