Some questions about Ketron SD2

Reaction score
I've done two preset templates for the CME Bitstream 3X Midi Controller in order to control the Ketron SD2, one for general use, and one for the drawbar organ (bank 67), see attached templates. To control the drawbar organ was tricky but now it works well. The settings for the normal voices work only partially. So while using this little gem, as the manual is very concise, some questions remain:

1. I could not enable the four controllers VELOCITY SLOPE, VELOCITY OFFSET, FILTER VELOCITY SLOPE, FILTER VELOCITY OFFSET. The free parameter has the name 'Part Value' which goes from 00 to 1F. What is meant by that?

2. Change of the controller BASS BOOST has no effect

3. As to the NRPN controls, change of FM Amplitude 1-4 has no effect.

4. As to the drums: I don't understand the difference between the DRUM SETS and LIVE DRUMS (Drum 2). Are LIVE DRUMS drum patterns? Does the Ketron SD2 have drum patterns built in or not?

5. How exactly would I program the SCALE TUNING (ARABIC). What exactly is sent as parameter Data1 to Data12. Which number above or below 40h would correspond to a quarter note? I assume that the 12 half notes start at C. So when I detune Data5 (a value different that 40h) this would affect the note E. Is that correct?

6. I have not yet used the MODULATION, BEND, AFTERTOUCH and VOICES CONTROLS but can imagine what it does. But what is meant by VOICES CONTROL.

All these controls are in the Ketron SD2 manual beginning with page 37, Technical Tables.

Thank you,
Alexander

Attachments

• CME Bitstream 3X - Ketron SD2 Gen.pdf
    5.2 KB · Views: 20
  • CME Bitstream 3X - Ketron SD2 Org.pdf
    5.2 KB · Views: 8

Ask a Question