Somone Plz Identify This Keyboard

Reaction score
hello everyone.

Im very new to this forum, There is a keyboard voice which i like since a long time but yet couldn't understand which keyboard make/model is it from. so basically i have decided to buy that keyboard that has this specific voice if someone can identify it.

i'm sharing the small audio clip you can hear the flute like sound. if any of you experts out there can identify the make and model of that keyboard pls let me know. i will be thankful.

here is the music file link:
thanks.

Reaction score
Probably a Kontakt patch if it's anything in the past 12 years. Couldn't put my finger on which one, though. NI's been coming out with a lot of number of middle eastern instruments for the past 6 years now. Impact Soundworks is another big one that does that sort of thing, and their sounds are GORGEOUS, but they tend to focus more on strings and percussion, though they have some flutes and winds.

First it would be good to identify which kind of instrument it is. Obviously some kind of Iranian/Afgan double-reed instrument. Likely two different instruments, a lower double-reed and some sort of flute/whistle in the higher octave. But some double reeds naturally have strong upper harmonics, so it could just be one.

Are you sure this is a keyboard sound, btw? I mean, that's sort of redundant anyway, because it's obviously a sample; but the question is, is it an entire recording or single-note samples?

Reaction score
Hello Eric. Thanks for the reply.
although i dont have much knowledge about music, i'll try best to answer ur questions.

1. actually it is more than 12 years past, it was a regional song came in mid 90s period.
2. yes it is middle eastern, Pakistani/indian in particular but regional song. so not very popular in mainstream.
3. from my little understanding, this type of sound is mostly perceived as flute type sound here in our region.
4. I dont think it is double instrument sound, because this is not the only clip having this sound, i had heard it in many other songs too from very different recording studios and music companies, all having the exact same sound. so im sure this is the keyboard sound and it is a single voice.
5. yes it is keyboard sound, not heard nowadays but back in 90s it was used mostly in sad type songs, that's where i got fond of it.

other thing which may help to identify is that, back in those days mostly i would see KORG keyboards here. though im not sure it could be Korg too but this brand name is in my subconscious since then.

(sorry if my english is not good).
thanks.

Reaction score
may be, but i m trying to identify the keyboard that could produce this sound. I'm 100% sure this voice is electric and not coming from an original instrument. because i can remember hearing exact same voice while someone playing keyboard, but can't remember which make or model.

Reaction score
If you say Korg's dominated that region, depending upon the year I would bet on either an M/T series board (late 80s-early 90s), Wavestation (early 90s), or Trinity (mid-late 90s). Those were probably Korg's biggest hits from that decade, and you'd see them everywhere. You can get used Wavestations for a song on eBay, as they sold like hotcakes back in the day. M1/T1s too. God help you if it's a Trinity, those are still $1000-$1500+, and rightly so, it was an amazing synth.

I should note that both the M1 and Wavestation are available in perfectly rendered software form (since they're all just software originally anyway) in the Korg Legacy Collection. I never cared for "Vector Synthesis", which was always kind of a novelty anyway, so I haven't really put much time into the Wavestation, but the M1 is great!

Ask a Question