SongBook Question

Reaction score
SongBook Question. The Pa4X has more sounds than Pa700/1000.
Could the pa4X OSIMO NEXT SongBook is loaded into 700/1000 then understanding that some sound editing will have to be done afterwards to some song styles?.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know, but it looks like there are already versions for Pa700 and Pa1000:

Reaction score
Yes, but quite a bit of tweaking is required to each of the Songs within the Osimo versions as the PA will make a best guess at the instrument sounds to use if the instrument sounds that are within the Songbook entry are not present in the PA you have.

That said, it is a simple matter to use the Songbook Editor software to combine all three Osimo versions into one Songbook file and the multiple Setlists that are related to the Osimo versions.

Not tried this as yet but in theory it is possible, in practice it may be quite a lot of work on the keyboard post merge correcting all the sounds, not sure how the Pads, the intros, fills, variations, endings etc will be affected.

As the weather is not supposed to be good over the next few days it has scuppered or plans so I can have a play combining them and see what happens, although it is likely that I will have more work to do than you since my PA is the lowly 700.

On a side issue I am hoping the Luke from Korg gets the Triton sounds sorted

BTW
For those reading this that are wondering what on earth I am blabbering on about I will explain. Korg UK have created a standalone set of customised Styles and saved each if them as a Songbook entry (Registrations) and then created Setlists related to the Songbook entries such as World of Bond (movie themes), Big Band etc. Korg Arrangers are based in Italy, the name Osimo comes from the town in Italy where Korg have their designers and developers based.

Reaction score
SeaGtGruff & Biggles. Thank you for your feed back.
As per Yahama if you load registrations from another model many of the correct music finder styles are not loaded.

The Free Korg SongBook PC Editor is an excellent software.
I see the main benefit is being able to edit your song styles away from the keyboard.

This weekend I will be back owning a Korg after 12 years with Tyros so very much looking forward to the learning curve.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of.

The triton sounds from bonusware can be loaded now but it is a bit of a frantic process. If I remember correctly Luke Edwards did say that he would work on the samples to categorise them and make the loaded of them more user friendly.

If you keep a watch on the crowdcast site for the next webinar then you can ask the question.

Reaction score
I've downloaded the Banks A B C and D.

Each bank contains 2 files USER01.PCG and USER02.PCG. I can load these files but there will not be enough space for all the banks. What needs to happen is to add 01 and 02 together to make one file.

I have tried PCG Tools but it will not open the files.

Keith

Ask a Question