Songs that any...

Reaction score
I doubt that there is any real "must-know" song for keyboard players, I think there are some for Piano players though, like "Für Elise" and other classic songs.

There might be "must-know" songs for keyboards, though, but I don't know any. Maybe someone else knows one :)

Reaction score
Hmm. The thing with being a keyboard player is that everyone expects you to have heard of and be able to play perfectly anything anyone can think of.

Give a bit more info about the sort of playing you normally do and you might get some more helpful answers.

Reaction score
For example Ligth my Fire by The Doors. It's like Stairway to Heaven for guitar players.

Heh heh.... I'm learning that now!!!

The Doors keyboard player played the bass lines 'cause they didn't have a bass. For that reason, learning Doors material seems a great way to train your left hand!

Reaction score
Heh heh.... I'm learning that now!!!

The Doors keyboard player played the bass lines 'cause they didn't have a bass. For that reason, learning Doors material seems a great way to train your left hand!

Oh it is ... how are you doing so far? ... took me six weeks to nail down the organ solo with the left-hand bass. But man, I was glad I did.

LMF and Riders On The Storm were staples for my old band way back when ... and remain two of my proudest accomplishments on keys.

(together with, strangely enough, Piano Man)

Reaction score
Oh it is ... how are you doing so far? ...

Um, I can play a few bars, sort of. Enough to marvel at what an incredible song it is. Played the 4-finger chords A7 & B & was blown away!

Dont' forget I'm a real Newby, I started playing keys last november and have spent most of that time learning Grateful Dead stuff. My deadhead friends have a very LOUD bass player so I had no need to learn left-hand parts :eek:

Reaction score
I guessed the final countdown from the chords on ultimate guitar, It's in F# minor. I could name all the notes systematically if you like...

Reaction score
wouldn't it be great if there was a site where you could download sheet music for these classics!

Well, you could get a program to open .mid (midi) files. The midis are free, but not the program. You can import midis to Guitar Pro and print them.

Ask a Question