Sound but no Volume cntrl on Casio PX-110

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum, am hoping someone can help with a suggestion on how to resolve the issue I'm experiencing with my Casio PX-110. The piano will turn on, keys can be heard, sound does come out of the speakers, however the Volume Pot will not increase or decrease the volume at all. Volume seems fixed at one level. Any suggestions on what could be the cause, as well what steps I could take to resolve the issue myself, I'm a experienced solderer, I've a multi-meter but dont know where I should begin to test with it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The logical place to start is to test the volume potentiometer to see if it is up to spec or not.

You may have to remove it from circuit to test it properly.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome.

Does the volume knob move?

If it does try removing it if you can and gently try to rotate the spindle.

Opening up the keyboard and a quick squirt of contact cleaner into the potentiometer could loosen up the rotating contact if it has stuck.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually trace the circuit leading to the pot. There may be a fractured or cold solder joint taking it out of the circuit.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question