Sound from Synth to Eros speakers low

Reaction score
I have a pair of Presonus Eros 3.5 BT speakers hooked up to my Juno DS with the 1/4 line outs.
the sound isn’t loud at all and I’m wondering if I have to mess with the menus.
for example I have the volume in the Juno exactly at half and the volume knob in the speakers exactly at half.
not loud at all. I don’t know how to describe but I don’t have to raise my voice to talk above it.
when these speakers are playing music from my computer via Bluetooth I have to turn down the sound because it gets so loud.

Reaction score
There is improper gain staging between the keyboard and the speakers. Take 15 minutes out of your busy life and read this:

In case that you still don't understand the article and what it is trying to tell you; your input into the powered speaker is too low. Put a small mixer in between the keyboard and the speaker and adjust the gains up until you have the correct gain staging and you'll get more output out of your speaker. If you were to put a mixer in between the two now my guess is that the input would look like the first screen capture below. Raise the gain until you are at zero unity like the 2nd screen capture and your issue should be solved. Typically a mixer in between the two pieces of hardware allows you to get to the proper gain staging.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Reaction score
There is improper gain staging between the keyboard and the speakers. Take 15 minutes out of your busy life and read this:

Ok I have read and still don’t understand. I’m new at this. Do I have to adjust something?
is the cable wrong perhaps? I’m using balanced trs.

Reaction score
Thank you. that picture is helpful. I guess i'll go back on sweetwater's site and look for a mixer.

Reaction score
On the rear of the speakers there is a pair of controls labelled Acoustic Tuning.

Check if they are turned fully anticlockwise, if they are set them at mid position

Reaction score
check out this small mixer. it will accomodate three stereo keyboards and won't break the bank. I bought mine used 10 years ago and it still works great....

Rolls MX28 mixer

Reaction score
On the rear of the speakers there is a pair of controls labelled Acoustic Tuning.

Check if they are turned fully anticlockwise, if they are set them at mid position

Thank you.
I checked that and they are at mid position.
I did play around with the sound settings in the juno menu and raised the output gain in the main sound settings and EQ.
After reading Delaware DAve's response i took a look at the owner's manual and saw there was more things to fiddle with.
Now it sounds better.

I'm quite impressed with these little speakers. Decent big sound for little cash.

Reaction score
It is a classic case of if all else fails ..... Read The Manual.

Or often shortened crudely to RTFM.

Please you are sorted and happy.

A Mixer would still make a a good addition to your kit at some time.

Reaction score
Do I have to worry about the cables?
‘I’m using balanced cables and they work. I think I read that the outputs in the Juno are unbalanced.
it works. I just don’t want to short anything.

Ask a Question