Sound module query

Reaction score
Hello

I'm looking to buy a sound module for gigging. I'm looking to spend 200-300 pounds, and don't mind getting something second hand. Just wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions?

Basically I want something that could offer some decent electric keys sounds - something rhodes/wurlitzer-like maybe, basically something with warmth/depth of sound and a user-friendly interface with which I can easily add distortion/reverb etc. A good organ sound would be cool too. I play a roland digital piano cos I'm classically trained and much prefer the feel of digital pianos than synths/keyboards. Problem is, that bar the piano sound, my keyboard's other sounds are quite tacky.

I want something pretty idiot-proof too because I'm not great with technology and will have to operate whatever I buy whilst playing live. Possibly drunk. Be good if it was relatively robust too in fact ha.

Basically what I really want is a piece of equipment with a handful of awesome sounds rather than something really complex with thousands of mediocre ones! if such a thing exists....

I'm a complete novice to all this sort of stuff, so any help/suggestions would be massively appreciated.

Cheers
Max

Reaction score
It's not the most user-friendly, but the yamaha motif module sounds like it might be what you're looking for... if you look for one second hand they're cheap as the ES and now XS versions are newer. It's pretty easy to add/take away reverb on it, distortion not so much. Rhodes, wurly, clav sounds on it are really good, organs aren't too bad.

Ask a Question