Sound preference

Reaction score
If you don’t like the onboard sounds on the AKX10 you own, what are your options for replacing them with sounds that you do like. Yes, I know you cannot replace rom sounds.
I’ve talked about loading in SF2 sounds and for the most part I’m not that wild about the ones I’ve loaded, crickets! I’ve talked about what I hope are going to be great sounds from Global Sound and not much interest in that so? If you don’t like the sounds what are you doing about it?

Reaction score
If you don’t like the onboard sounds on the AKX10 you own, what are your options for replacing them with sounds that you do like. Yes, I know you cannot replace rom sounds.
I’ve talked about loading in SF2 sounds and for the most part I’m not that wild about the ones I’ve loaded, crickets! I’ve talked about what I hope are going to be great sounds from Global Sound and not much interest in that so? If you don’t like the sounds what are you doing about it?
Well, I am not sure there are very many people who actually own the AKX10 on here... ?

There is you, me, and two others that I know of.

Since I know now for sure that Timur is finishing up his "AKX10 Platinum Pack" - if the price is "reasonable" (the keyboard itself is only $699) - then that is the way I am going to go.

Maybe we can get a multiple buy discount? lol

There is someone else on here who also owns the Yamaha Genos - and he was going to sample/transport his Genos sounds into his AKX10.

You have said that you own the Pa4X and SX900 - did you ever contemplate sampling/transporting those sounds to your AKX10...?

Reaction score
Well, I am not sure there are very many people who actually own the AKX10 on here... ?

Since I know now for sure that Timur is finishing up his "AKX10 Platinum Pack" - if the price is "reasonable" (the keyboard itself is only $699) - then that is the way I am going to go.

There is someone else on here who also owns the Yamaha Genos - and he was going to sample/transport his Genos sounds into his AKX10.

You have said that you own the Pa4X and SX900 - did you ever contemplate sampling/transporting those sounds to your AKX10...?
I'm sorry, owned is the operative word. I sold it and got the SX900 and the Medeli, sucks being poor!

Reaction score

The price will be reasonable considering the quality and work involved, affordable? Only you can know that...LOL

Reaction score
GS pack costs 199 Euro for the Pa4X (£170) which does get gets reviews over on the Korg forum from users.

Add that price to the £600 of an AKX10 and it blows vfm out the window, might as well buy a Korg or Yamaha

So Global Sounds price does does need to be way lower.

Reaction score
The price for his instruments only Karma Pack for the Korg Pa700/1000 is $89...

That is for 125 instruments/sounds.

The Platinum Pack that you are quoting includes the over 125 newly updated sounds (better quality) and a lot (do not know exactly how many) high quality styles and loops for the Korg Pa workstations.

I am under the impression that the AKX10 Pack Timur is working on are the higher quality sounds from the Platinum Pack - but not the styles and loops.

Timur stated that most of the styles and loops in the Platinum Pack will not work on the AKX10 because of the lack of RAM.

Reaction score
I would be more than happy with half the high quality instruments, 60, (pianos, electric pianos, organs, strings, violin, cello, brass, sax, clarinet, flute, oboe, choirs, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, pads, synths) for half the price! :)

Reaction score
I wish we could buy al a carte!
If you want to buy a killer piano or a super sax? These would be available a la carte without having to pay for instruments you may never use!

Ask a Question