Sound the keyboard

Reaction score
hello guys,
I want to ask you for advice. My band will play our 1st concert. I am really afraid of the sound the keyboard. Cause sometimes I have a solo or some part, where must be keyboard louder than the guitars and some parts, where must be quietly than the guitars. We havent an engineer, who can change the volume of the intruments... Can you give me some advices, how can I solve it ? I dont know, if its important, but i have korg m50.
Thank you for your advice.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If your Korg is anything like mine, you have control of the line out volume via the slider control on the keyboard. You'll just have to be very careful and adjust it manually.

Either that or else use a CC Volume pedal.

Reaction score
Ofcourse, but problem is, that I cannot listen to sound of the keyboard in the room. The sound is other, if I am standing on the stage and for people, who are listening to under the stage and near the bar, Engineer can solve this problem, but we have not him, how i wrote :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Your choices are simple. Either hire or find a volunteer who can perform the engineering for you or try wearing headphones and using a mic on the floor and switching back and forth between the floor and your monitors very quickly whenever you have to make an adjustment.

I think the second option is too difficult and it would affect your act if you tried to act as your own engineer during a show.

Otherwise, just set and forget your levels before the show and hope for the best.

Ask a Question