Sounds Sounds and more Sounds

Reaction score
Hi Folks
Newbie here so i hope i make sense. Sometime ago i bought a Roland JV 2080 BIG MISTAKE, dont get me wrong if i understood it i would no doubt think it was wonderful piece of kit, but technically iam in the stoneage when it comes to deep programming or programming of any kind, if i tell you the module i had before the Roland was a Korg 01/05W then you see my problem, so iam selling the Roland and i'll have about £800 to £900 to get it right, what i really want is sound loads of em a little bit of tweaking available and a little bit of recording built in would be wonderful but the quality of sounds is paramount i can always buy a recorder, ive read up and heard the Korg M50, the Yamaha mox6 and the Roland juno Gi but it dosent have to be an up to date keyboard or module.
Sound quality for money is the order of the day.
Any info would be great.
Gary

Reaction score
It all depends on what type of sounds do you want. If you're into pianos and acoustic stuff (guitars for example) - go for a Yamaha keyboard. If you're more into pads, synths, go with Korg.
I'd stay away from cheap roland keyboards.

However - Editing on Korg keyboards is MUCH easier since korg has a huge touch screen

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions folks, i suppose i should have explained what sounds i am after, I have to say that iam not a real player i normally use pads synth and strings, choirs if i can get them but that seems difficult on my budget, some nice pianos, flutes and other nice synth leads, Richard Wright or Tony Banks sounding. Would the above reccomendations still apply or there be something else.
Thanx as always
Gary

The Y_man

Reaction score
BTW My suggestion sprouts on the assumption you already have a decent controller keyboard (JV2080 is a rack module right?), so you might as well spend the money on another rack module - the Motif Rack would be pretty much "flagship" for Yamaha.

The Y-man

Ask a Question