SP3X keeps making banging noises

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!
I have a 3 year old Kurzweil SP3X and it started making these sounds like someone is banging on the keys.
After about 3-4 minutes after I turn it on, the banging starts and won't stop. It's unplayable. Also it changes sounds by itself as well. I have taken it in and it stopped for a while but it started up again.
If anyone knows what the problem is or what I can do I would really appreciate it.

Thank you;
Gregg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by "Sounds like someone is banging on the keys?"

Have you tried contacting Jean at Kurzweil Support?

Reaction score
The keyboard makes the sound of someone pressing down on the keys with the palms of their hands.
Would you happen to have Jean's contact information at Kurzweil?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, Kurzweil had an issue about ten years ago with key weights falling off of the keys because the glue holding them dissolved over time. I'd thought that was corrected a few years ago but yours might have an older model keybed.

If you've got steady hands and nerves of steel and are up for a DIY repair, there are a few Youtube videos on Keyboard repair that might help you save a couple of hundred dollars.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Ask a Question