Speaker for a new keyboard

Reaction score
I'm buying a Roland VR-09 and wondering what kind of speaker to get with it? I need something under $200, just for home use, doesn't have to be that loud, but want it to sound good! Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Reaction score
PreSonus Eris 4.5 which retail for $200 US for a pair.

I have a pair and they perform well if lacking a bit in bass.

Checkout a Behringer B208D which retails at c$140 US each and others in this size range.

Reaction score
Thanks!! In the interest of saving space, would a single speaker on the floor work as well instead of two monitors that need to be on stands?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The floor away from a wall is the best place for a sub-woofer, all others are best on a stand or bracket, but I did have a pair of B208D powered monitors that lived on the floor at either end of the Zee stand and the sounded pretty good.

The Eris 4.5 that I referred to are very compact and live on a longish shelf behind my keyboard their combined size is probably about 1/2 that of a single B208D.

Reaction score
You can also opt for a bluetooth speaker that, depending on your keyboard, could sit right in front of you. Most if not all have an option to use a cable instead of the BT.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Be careful using bluetooth.

The latency can and will kill your playing.

+1 Vote for the Presonus Eris Speakers. Best bang for the buck these days.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
"Be careful using bluetooth. The latency can and will kill your playing."

Absolutely, that's why it's important to get one that has an audio input. I have one made by JBL and Bose also have models that are within your budget and sound great for playing or practicing. I use monitor speakers for mixing and mastering but that's a whole other deal. If you think you will be using speakers for other than casual playing I would also recommend the Presonus.

Ask a Question