Spectrasonics Keyscape

Reaction score
I am running the following rig and having major CPU overload issues. I have gone through every troubleshooting issue on Spectrasonics website to no avail. Any ideas? Is there any chance using a power cable on the Akai MPK88 instead of the bus power from the laptop would help? I know tons of people with basically the same rig with no issues.

MacBook Pro Intel duo (8gb ram, 148gb free HD)
FocusRite Scarlett 2i2
Akai MPK88 (currently bus powered)
Mainstage 3
Spectrasonics Keyscape

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Not an apple worshipper here, but perhaps the way it sounds, if it is a USB power bus overload situation you might want to try running a powered USB hub to drive all that hardware.

At the very least it couldn't hurt to take some of the load off the laptop's USB bus.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Just spoke with Akai and they are saying the usb bus power uses minimal CPU. Not sure really where to turn. Sucks having such great plugins and not being able to use them. Waiting on a call back from Spectrasonics tech support. Fingers crossed.

Ask a Question