split piano/bass sounds to two separate amps

Reaction score
I know how to split the sounds on the keyboard itself.
How do I send one sound to a bass amp and the top piano sound to a separate keyboard amp? And also control the volume of the top piano sound? Thanks

Reaction score
Chrissy

When you split the keyboard, you create two separate "zones". The CP-33 allows you to adjust various parameters of each "zone" independently of one another. One of those parameters is "pan", or more appropriately, "pan position" - that is, where the sound "appears" in the stereo field. See Pages 27 and 29 of your owner's manual on using MASTER EDIT mode for setting the "pan" of each of your "zones". Pan the right hand zone (piano) fully to the right and connect your "R" (Right) output to the keyboard amp, and pan the left hand zone (bass) fully to the left and connect your "L" (Left) output to the bass amp. There may be a little "leakage" from one side to the other, but this should work for you. Doing this, however, means that neither sound (piano or bass) will be stereo any longer, so you may lose some "depth" or "presence" or "ambiance". You may have to do some EQ (tone) adjustment and add a tad of reverb to make up for this. Also, the master volume control will still control both sounds, so you may have to use MASTER EDIT mode to separately adjust the individual levels of your two "zones". You might want to review all of the parameters listed in the table on Page 27, so that you are aware of what adjustments are available, in case you need further "fine tuning" of your two "zones".

Normally, on a keyboard with "assignable" outputs, you would simply "assign" one zone to one output and the other zone to the other output, but the CP-33 does not appear to have an "output assign" feature.

Good luck ! I hope this works for you.

Last edited:

Ask a Question