Split point on Yamaha psr ew300

Reaction score
Hi, Is it possible to move the split point on a yamaha PSR ew300?
I know what it is and how to change the voices etc. using Function 007. BUT can I move the split point to a different position on the keyboard? Can't find a reference to this topic in the manual.

Reaction score
It is hidden away in the Function Menu 007, page 45 of the cr4p Manual. Default is F#2 which is number 54, change this number to the one which relates to the key where you want the split.

Took me forever to find when I has a PSR, it would be so much better if all you had to do was press a button combination and then press the key where you want the split. This is how it works with my Yamaha P series.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
On the PSR-E400 series, you can "shortcut" to the Split Point function by pressing the STYLE button to activate the Style mode, then press the ACMP button and keep it held down for a second or so. But for some reason this does not seem to be the case on the PSR-E300 series. :oops:

By the way, you can move the Split Point if you're using the Split Voice or playing a style, but its position is fixed at F#3 (key 066) and cannot be moved if you're using the Duo mode.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is hidden away in the Function Menu 007, page 45 of the cr4p Manual. Default is F#2 which is number 54, change this number to the one which relates to the key where you want the split.

Took me forever to find when I has a PSR, it would be so much better if all you had to do was press a button combination and then press the key where you want the split. This is how it works with my Yamaha P series.

Thank you sincerely, Biggles! I am too ashamed to tell you how long I have struggled with this problem, Now it is solved. Brilliant!

Reaction score
On the PSR-E400 series, you can "shortcut" to the Split Point function by pressing the STYLE button to activate the Style mode, then press the ACMP button and keep it held down for a second or so. But for some reason this does not seem to be the case on the PSR-E300 series. :oops:

By the way, you can move the Split Point if you're using the Split Voice or playing a style, but its position is fixed at F#3 (key 066) and cannot be moved if you're using the Duo mode.

Thank you very much for your contribution. Its all knowledge that will be useful to someone (or even me, someday). Biggles came up with exactly what I was looking for! It's great that you people are willing to share things with us beginners. Thanks again! Dave.:)

Ask a Question