Splitting of two different voices on psr 443

Reaction score
Please i really need a help on how to split two different voices on a psr 443 keyboard. I want to play ocarina voice on my left hand and trumpet voice on my right hand, how do I split it?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I take it you mean the PSR-E443?

If so, first you press the "VOICE" button so it's lit up, which should display the number and name of the voice which is currently selected as the Main Voice.

If you know the number of the trumpet voice you want to use, you can select it directly by entering the number on the numeric keypad-- for example, enter "108" to select the "Sweet! Trumpet" voice. If you're looking at the "Voice List" section of the PSR-E443 Data List document, note that there are two different categories which include the various trumpet voices-- the "Trumpet" category in the bottom right corner of page 3, and the "XG Brass" category in the left column of page 7.

If you aren't sure which trumpet voice you want to use, what I'd do is select the first one in a category-- say, "108"-- and play the keyboard to see how it sounds. Then I'd use the "+/YES" button to advance to the next voice in that category and play the keyboard to see how it sounds, and repeat that process until I found the voice I liked best. I'd be sure to repeat that process with the XG voices, starting with "506" and advancing voice by voice until I found the one I liked best.

After you've selected which trumpet voice you want to use as the Main Voice, press the "SPLIT" button to turn on the Split Voice feature. Then press the "SPLIT" button again and keep it held down for a moment or two until the screen displays "S.Voice" for a moment and then displays the number and name of the voice which is currently selected as the Split Voice.

Now use the numeric keypad to enter in the number of the desired ocarina voice, which should be "139" for the "Ocarina" voice in the "Flute" category, or "558" for the "Ocarina" voice in the "XG Pipe" category.

If you need to adjust the octave offset of the Split Voice, press the "CATEGORY +" button twice to advance from the "S.Voice" function to the "S.Octave" function, then use the "+/YES" and "-/NO" buttons to adjust the octave offset.

If you need to adjust the Split Point between the Split Voice and Main Voice, press the "STYLE" button so it lights up, then press the "ACMP" button and keep it held down for a moment or two until the screen displays "SplitPnt," then use the "+/YES" and "-/NO" buttons to adjust the Split Point.

Reaction score
I take it you mean the PSR-E443?

If so, first you press the "VOICE" button so it's lit up, which should display the number and name of the voice which is currently selected as the Main Voice.

If you know the number of the trumpet voice you want to use, you can select it directly by entering the number on the numeric keypad-- for example, enter "108" to select the "Sweet! Trumpet" voice. If you're looking at the "Voice List" section of the PSR-E443 Data List document, note that there are two different categories which include the various trumpet voices-- the "Trumpet" category in the bottom right corner of page 3, and the "XG Brass" category in the left column of page 7.

If you aren't sure which trumpet voice you want to use, what I'd do is select the first one in a category-- say, "108"-- and play the keyboard to see how it sounds. Then I'd use the "+/YES" button to advance to the next voice in that category and play the keyboard to see how it sounds, and repeat that process until I found the voice I liked best. I'd be sure to repeat that process with the XG voices, starting with "506" and advancing voice by voice until I found the one I liked best.

After you've selected which trumpet voice you want to use as the Main Voice, press the "SPLIT" button to turn on the Split Voice feature. Then press the "SPLIT" button again and keep it held down for a moment or two until the screen displays "S.Voice" for a moment and then displays the number and name of the voice which is currently selected as the Split Voice.

Now use the numeric keypad to enter in the number of the desired ocarina voice, which should be "139" for the "Ocarina" voice in the "Flute" category, or "558" for the "Ocarina" voice in the "XG Pipe" category.

If you need to adjust the octave offset of the Split Voice, press the "CATEGORY +" button twice to advance from the "S.Voice" function to the "S.Octave" function, then use the "+/YES" and "-/NO" buttons to adjust the octave offset.

If you need to adjust the Split Point between the Split Voice and Main Voice, press the "STYLE" button so it lights up, then press the "ACMP" button and keep it held down for a moment or two until the screen displays "SplitPnt," then use the "+/YES" and "-/NO" buttons to adjust the Split Point.
Thanks so much for me out, I really appreciate

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You're welcome! I have a PSR-E443 myself, so hopefully I can help you out with any further questions about it.

Ask a Question