Squeaking spacebar.

Reaction score
So i bought a new genius scorpion k9 keyboard and the spacebar was squeaky and it was hard to press i went back and they gave me a brand new one when i got home the spacebar was still squeaky but easier to press , what should i do ?

Reaction score
Welcome, but we are not that kind of keyboard group.

The icon by the left of our name is there kinda to show that we are a musical keyboard group to which you are very welcome to remain as many here use DAW software to help in creating music and that may be of interest to you,

Never the less, as it happens I can help withyour problem since I have been building and maintaining PCs for 25 years. Pack your keyboard up and send it back. Since its squeaking something inside is catching hence there is a fault, if you do not want the hastle of returning it then a spray along the spacebar with a contact cleaner will apply a bit of lubricant that will not interfere with the operation if your awesome keyboard.

Reaction score

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Whenever we get these kinds of posts, being a thoughtful and responsible community as we are, we always offer good advice.
We can always rely on @CowboyNQ
to respond on behalf of us all.
Just as well because I thought a space bar was where astronauts buy their drinks from.
ray

Reaction score
So i bought a new genius scorpion k9 keyboard and the spacebar was squeaky and it was hard to press i went back and they gave me a brand new one when i got home the spacebar was still squeaky but easier to press , what should i do ?
It's new? Return it and look for another brand . There's only about 50 companies making them, I'm sure you'll find one that doesn't squeak.

Ask a Question