Squeaky Keys! Help!

Reaction score
Hey... new to the forum because I have a problem and don't know what the fix is.

I have a Kurzweil Mark 10 Ensemble Grand. It belongs to the church I attend and hasn't been taken great care of in recent years. But it's been left in my care at this point. Anyway... many many many of the keys SQUEAK! It's sooooo annoying. Does anyone know what to do with squeaky keys? Looking for tried and true solutions!

Thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The proper way to repair squeaky keys is to disassemble the keyboard and regrease the keys with plastic gear grease. This is a special lubricant that is safe for plastics. Do not use substitutes. You can find the stuff on Amazon and Ebay from China.

Not a simple job for a newby.

I'd recommend taking it into a shop and having a tech work on it.

Some people recommend squirting talcum powder into the keys. I do not recommend this course of action. Dry silicone Lubricant squirted JUDICIOUSLY between the offending keys MAY work.

Quick and dirty fixes often result in quick and dirty failures. Attempt these repairs at your own risk.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
My church has a Kurzweil Mark 4 studio. Not commenting on the key grease, just know that parts are scarce or non-existent for these models since ownership has changed. Our sustain pedal stopped working due to worn out (Worn down- was not making contact anymore) contacts in the pedal last year, and I found the last factory person and got what he said was one of the last sustain pedal motherboards left. It was $20, you may want to have the church invest ahead of time and secure one of those for the future.

Ask a Question