Stable Stand for PX-5S

Reaction score
I bought a PX-5S with the Proline PL200 stand several weeks ago, and found that the stand wobbles with even medium-level playing in the carpeted den. Is there a more Stable stand that works for narrow-sized keyboards like the PX-5S in carpeted rooms? Also, does Casio make a cabinet-style Stand for the PX-5S?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I have a two tier version of this Z stand by Onstage.

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-KS7350-Heavy-Folding-Keyboard/dp/B000LCRP14/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368488433&sr=8-2&keywords=onstage z stand

By no stretch of the imagination could you ever mistake it for a piece of furniture but it is rock solid and super stable compared to any of those cheapo X stands.

Also if you're seated while playing it allows a space for your knees.

I love mine and I'd never give it up. ;)

And I wouldn't trust $2500 worth of equipment on anything less.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You won't regret it. Also, just a suggestion toward future proofing your rig. If you are ever planning to get a second keyboard in the future, you might already want to invest in the two tier version.

You can leave the second tier off for now when you first assemble it, but later on when you want to add a second keyboard you'd already have the hardware for the second tier. Or put a shelf across the second tier and use it for a laptop and/or mixer stand...

Just a thought that I wish I had had myself earlier before I ended up having to buy the two tier stand in the end. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Tier-Fo...677897&sr=8-1&keywords=two+tier+onstage+stand

Gary

Reaction score
I don't think it's so much the stand as the amount of padding under the carpet (which varies). Don
I agree with Don. The keyboard only weighs 25 pounds so virtually any stand will appear to be unstable on carpet. The issue is most likely the carpet due to the lightweight keyboard. Put a 60 pound keyboard on the stand and most likely the rocking will disappear. I'm not sure a different stand will make a difference as long as you are on carpet. Do a test, put the stand on a non-carpeted surface and see if it stops rocking. Then you'll know whether or not it is really your stand.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My Korg TR76 weighs less than 25 lbs, but the fact of the matter is that a lot of cheaper X stands with quick release center hubs are pretty unstable to begin with. My Onstage Z stand sits on a carpeted floor and even with no keyboards on it at all it's steady as a brick. It's designed with enough weight and structural integrity that it's stable in all circumstances.

Also the Proline PL-200 the OP mentioned only has one review on Amazon.com and it's a pretty crappy one at that.

Ask a Question