Start up speed of Effect on PC3 LE6

Reaction score
hoping someone can assist ; when using organ patches , is it possible to slow the rate of the ' start up speed ' on any of the leslie effects on my pc3 le6 ? thnx in advance !

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, @spiggytopes! I don't know the answer to your question, but we have a few Kurzweil owners, so hopefully one of them can help you. I'm not certain what you mean by "start up speed"-- the default speed when you turn on the keyboard, or the initial speed on a given voice, etc.?

On a Yamaha you would typically create and save a Registration containing all of the settings you want the keyboard to have upon starting it up, then recall that Registration right after turning on the keyboard.

Or, if you want a voice to have different settings than its built-in presents, you would select the desired voice, change its settings, and save it as a new custom voice so you don't need to keep making the same changes each time you want to use it.

Reaction score
Welcome, @spiggytopes! I don't know the answer to your question, but we have a few Kurzweil owners, so hopefully one of them can help you. I'm not certain what you mean by "start up speed"-- the default speed when you turn on the keyboard, or the initial speed on a given voice, etc.?

On a Yamaha you would typically create and save a Registration containing all of the settings you want the keyboard to have upon starting it up, then recall that Registration right after turning on the keyboard.

Or, if you want a voice to have different settings than its built-in presents, you would select the desired voice, change its settings, and save it as a new custom voice so you don't need to keep making the same changes each time you want to use it.

i really appreciate you answering - thnx ! fyi ; what i mean by ' start up time ' is the speed the leslie { effect } takes from slow to fast when using an organ patch . i've always liked the slower pick-up time { s'pose obvious example would be " born to be wild " sound } - & i got hipped to the fact that some b3 players would put small weights in the horns of the cabs' so as to slow said pick-up speed . nearly all the ' inserts ' - in the ' effects ' page - { that's the ones that are leslie simulations } on the k'weil i that have pick-up very quickly .. & i cannot find how to ' get-into ' said inserts to modify them .. but thnx again for joining in ! best regards - st

Reaction score
I have the PC3 series and you can. I'm not sure if the same effect edit features are available on the LE, they may not be. See the 1st screen capture below from the manual (page 6-13). pull up your KB3 program, go to effects, then go to the insert effect and edit it. See if ramp up time shows up for adjustment. If it doesn't then that means this piece of the effect is not available for editing on the LE. It is on the PC3 series. The 2nd screen capture below shows where it is on the PC3 series. They are independent for the horn and drum

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the PC3 series and you can. I'm not sure if the same effect edit features are available on the LE, they may not be. See the 1st screen capture below from the manual (page 6-13). pull up your KB3 program, go to effects, then go to the insert effect and edit it. See if ramp up time shows up for adjustment. If it doesn't then that means this piece of the effect is not available for editing on the LE. It is on the PC3 series. The 2nd screen capture below shows where it is on the PC3 series. They are independent for the horn and drum
hello d dave .. thnx for this ! i do have the manual .. however {!} i'd already got to / arrived at the insert effect { i currently have " #317 / room-y leslie 122 " } up - but nothing happens when i subsequently press ' edit ' . am guessing - hope to be proved wrong - that this model that i have cannot edit that .

Reaction score
Suggestion: Ask Jean ((e-mail address removed)) if this particular parameter is editable or not on an LE series and if so , how.

Also, i downloaded the LE manual. The PC3 series has an effects mode and accordingly a whole chapter dedicated to effects in the manual. I did not see this chapter in the LE manual so this also tells me that effects editing is limited on the LE series. I did see the attached on page 15-6 (the power user section). This might help you.

Finally, effects might be editable using the soundtower software. ( LINK ). One caution about soundtower, older versions of soundtower have been the source of corruption of some of the programs in Kurzweil. use with caution, meaning backup your sounds before using soundtower, if your programs start to act weird or the LE itself starts to exhibit funky stuff after using sound tower you can always reload the saved programs. They may have fixed soundtower so that the corruptions no longer occur. it is possible that you may be able to edit the effects parameters using that software. see the link above; it indicates that one of the features of soundtower is the ability to "... Editing of FX program parameters and routing ..".

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Ask a Question