Sticky knobs and buttons/large music pages.

Reaction score
I pulled out my pa500 from storage and found the slider buttons and several other selection buttons were sticky, as if a label had been peeled off. After several unsuccessful attempts with denatured alcohol, lighter fluid and non aggressive cleaners I tried Lysol disinfectant wipes, Citrus variety, that we use to sanitize new deliveries. Amazing! it leaves a clean finish without affecting labels or finish. I checked for ingredients and reckon it's the addition of a surfactant to ease the removal of nasties that makes it work where the others failed.

I have been happily using Mobilsheets Pro with my Korg pa600 for several years, enjoying the midi interactivity of the linked tablet app to the Korg songbook function ,which loads pre-configured songs as each score is selected from the selection on the tablet. (The reverse is also available, select song and music score is displayed). Together with a page flip pedal, it's a simple setup.

However, I dropped my 12" tablet, shattered the screen and was faced with a hefty cost for a replacement, when I found a second solution. A black Friday Win 10 laptop and a 24" Amazon special video display. Both have HDMI connection. now I have two pages displayed, larger than the original paper. (I scanned the original scores and Mobilesheets imports them into a convenient library.) It also can link MIDI or MP3 and load those to provide great supporting arrangements or provide a great learning tool.
Some would baulk at the investment because large tablets are expensive, but the separate video display makes it simple to afford. Of course, this system is impractical for gigs and travelling, but if your playing is at home, then it's a delightful solution to old eyes, and locating that special sheet of music.

FYI: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/

David

Ask a Question