Still Pinching Myself

Reaction score
Every couple of weeks or so, podcast guru David Holloway and I get to chat to some of the most notable keys players in the world.

David recently put this show reel together. I still can’t believe I have gotten to meet these incredible players!

The insights they have provided and the generosity of their thoughts and spirit has made me realise what great people we keys players are!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Jaw dropping mode engaged...

An amazing cavalcade of talents with the war stories to back them up.

Nice going Paul :)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
A superb collection of pure musical prowess!
I recognised some names. Not many however but as keyboardists they usually remain humbly behind the scenes.
Most enjoyable viewing. Thanks Paul :)

Reaction score
I like what Jenny Conlee said (2:30). I've been banging my head against the wall all my life with co-musicians, trying to impart the concept of staying in your own space. Like when I'm comping piano for the vocalist and I got some guitar dude whacking chords on top of the same register I'm in... It's like, dude, go camp on the sonic pallet where there's a hole, like an octave above me.

But ya, cool video - Jim

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I like what Jenny Conlee said (2:30). I've been banging my head against the wall all my life with co-musicians, trying to impart the concept of staying in your own space. Like when I'm comping piano for the vocalist and I got some guitar dude whacking chords on top of the same register I'm in... It's like, dude, go camp on the sonic pallet where there's a hole, like an octave above me.

But ya, cool video - Jim
Make them listen to John Cage's 4:33 :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Wow. Interesting. Thanks for posting! Although I have to add that Steve Walsh the original key player in Kansas was a very under appreciated artist.
His handstands while playing the organ were a sight. Ok, he was fueled by cocaine and wearing those ridiculous athletic short shorts but still it was something to see.
I don't think Kansas was the same without him honestly.

Nice to see some love for Ellen Reid. Love her playing. I saw the CTD live many years ago. Love Brad's voice.

Ask a Question