Stop rotary effect on MX61

Reaction score
I have MX61 and bought a Lester K Pedal to enhance organ sounds leslie effect and overdrive. The Lester K requires stopping onboard rotary otherwise sounds terrible.

I went into effects and could not see how to disable or stop (brake) the rotary effect and could not find that setting (only slow that). I then tried to edit slow speed to 0 and other setting in "rotary" to 0 but it did not totally remove the effect (couple settings have min number). Is there a route to disable the rotary effect -- but would like to keep reverb?

I was able to program effects in my Kurzweil units on a program basis to "off" for rotary (although Kurzweil Rotary and drive are at least on par with Lester) , but cannot find this on my MX61 or older Roland XP-30.

PS - was going to ask this on Yamaha synth forum but had some sign in issues with that forum..

Reaction score
Page 27 of the owners manual explains how to assign the effects. Find the rotary effect assigned to the organ voice and either remove it or change it from a rotary effect to a reverb.

Ask a Question