Strange noises when using any piano sound

Reaction score
Hello, I am Hesag and I am sometimes servicing keyboards. There is a Roland G-800 with me at the moment and it makes a very distorted sound when playing piano sounds. I tried resetting it to factory setting, which happend. But the distortion did not stop. and I have that on part of a octave. it looks like part of the sound processing is corrupted in a way. and it is only with piano sounds

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Perhaps try erasing and reloading the operating system? The sound samples may have gotten corrupted.

Also check for an internal battery before doing this. The battery may be dying.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hello, I am Hesag and I am sometimes servicing keyboards. There is a Roland G-800 with me at the moment and it makes a very distorted sound when playing piano sounds. I tried resetting it to factory setting, which happend. But the distortion did not stop. and I have that on part of a octave. it looks like part of the sound processing is corrupted in a way. and it is only with piano sounds
Tnx for the reply. I have already replaced the battery. I have also done the factory reset procedure. so Gary, where can I find and download the OS or firmware for the Roland G-800? Please advise.
Kind regards
Hesag

Reaction score
Dear Gary,
Mayby you can help also with this one.
I have a Yamaha PSR 770. Looks like the harddrive is damaged. The keyboard turns on, but the drive is not starting up.
How can I go about reinstalling the firmware or OS for this keyboard?
Must I replace the whole board or is only the disk replaceable?

Awaiting your kind reply.

Regards.
Hesag

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
1) You're going to have to search around for a legacy OS, or possibly have to contact Roland directly.

You might want to ask over at this link. http://forums.rolandclan.com/

2) As for the Yamaha you might be able to simply swap out the HDD but I don't know if you'd have to format it in any special way. Is there a format utility in the motherboard menu?

Again you might have to contact Yamaha directly and you can find additional support at this link. https://www.psrtutorial.com/

With Covid-19 everywhere you really might encounter long wait times to hear from the companies and ordering parts may take extra time as well.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question