Strange Problem With Casio Keyboard?!?!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I own a Casio CTK-601 and I am having a problem with it currently. It seems that sometimes when i press certain individual keys down, the keyboard electronically registers it as i'm pressing all of the keys down around it. It even says that i'm pressing them down on the display thing. obviously this is not good because i can be playing a song and then all of a sudden a loud blare comes out becasue it things i'm pressing down like 4 keys at a time all next to each other.

Im not sure if it is an electrical problem or if there is a setting on the keyboard that is making it do that or what. i'm relaly confused

any help woudl be appreciated
Thank You!

Reaction score
heres wut u need 2 du......
throw dat casio away nd get u a better keyboard....
casio is terrible...
if u not lookin 4 a synth or a workstation... at least get a yamaha

Reaction score
If the keyboard thinks you are pressing down 4 keys when you're only pressing down 1 key, then something's terribly wrong with the keyboard. And there's probably no easy solution besides getting it repaired.

However, getting it repaired would be kind of pointless if the repair is going to cost as much as the keyboard itself. You might wanna contact a local keyboard dealer and check how much he's taking for a repair like this.

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
i'm pretty good with electronics. can anyone offer me advice as to what may be wrong inside of the actualy keyboard? that woudl be great. i know its not the best keyboard but i just want it to work so i can have a decent keyboard

thanks

Reaction score
i'm pretty good with electronics. can anyone offer me advice as to what may be wrong inside of the actualy keyboard?

I pretty much suck with electronics, so I'm not really able to give you any useful advices on this matter :(

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
no...... not realli.....kuz like ova dude said......
its gonna cost more den da actual price of the keyboard 2 fix it......
its not worth it at all.....
but i dont think your gonna b able 2 fix it urself so.... buy a new keyboard

Reaction score
I know what's the problem, it's a freakin' CASIO!!! Junk I hate casio, I wouden't use one even if I got one for free never in hell!

Reaction score
ova here 2...i have a roland fantom....

Okey nice =D I have got a Yamaha DGX 505 (not a pro keyboard but it's okey) and I've got a Korg Triton classic and next week a Roland fp7 stage piano =)

Reaction score
Seriously, man, I only have several months experience with the keys, but I can tell you that a Casio is junk.

Reaction score
does anyone have some advise other than to get a new keyboard?

when you press a key down it makes contact with a pad or a strip in the keybed that electronically tells the processer which key to sound....if that contact strip or pad has a piece of debris or "junk" across that pad then it will sound more than one key....so to me, it sounds like something is under there that shouldnt be there......thats about the best i can do for ya

Reaction score
If your good with electronics, open your keyboard. Check to see if there is a short wiring in any of the keys. Figure out what key makes it do that when it actually happens.

Where did you get your keyboard?
How old is it?

Casio is actually one of the best keyboard companies along with Roland and Yamaha. There is nothing wrong with Casio, its probably the condition it is being treated or the age of the keyboard.

Reaction score
try to see here mans.io/brand/Casio
if you cannot find info you need - just write to supprot there and they will help you

Ask a Question